cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feel cheated due to new $40 4.5GB promo

myemail2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just changed my plan mid-cycle two days ago to the previous $40 promo that included only 4GB data, only to find out today that there is an extra 0.5GB being offered with the new promo.

Feelin' cheated and would like to be moved over to this new plan. I have used very little data since I am two days in.

But I also have secondary issue: I no longer have access to my original email account and so I have signed up to this forum using a new one. It is thus not tied to my PM account. Help please!!

23 REPLIES 23

cmatassa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just switched to the 40$ for 4gb plan on the June 22nd, but have already future dated this new plan to get the extra 500mb of data.  

timmmmeh
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@myemail2 wrote:

Hi, I just changed my plan mid-cycle two days ago to the previous $40 promo that included only 4GB data, only to find out today that there is an extra 0.5GB being offered with the new promo.

Feelin' cheated and would like to be moved over to this new plan. I have used very little data since I am two days in.

But I also have secondary issue: I no longer have access to my original email account and so I have signed up to this forum using a new one. It is thus not tied to my PM account. Help please!!

It's a bummer when it happens; I felt the same on 3 lines on the 16th of June when the 40$ 4GB was announced.  Did a future-dated change for our next renewal.

Now - I've just cancelled those 3, and picked the NEW promo... Hurry up July 13th!

Consider it pretty awesome than you can change your mind mid-cycle, and future date a plan change 🙂

@computergeek541 wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Same dilema again for me.

This promo or my current Fall Promo 2016?  No need to go into al this stuff about the difference between 3g and LTE speed.  I've always beleived that more data is more important than faster speed to a large extent, but I have to decide if the extra 500MB and Canada-wide is worth swtiching to the slower speed data.

@myemail2  As mentioned already as an option, I would just go ahead and future-date a plan change to the new and improved plan so that it takes effect the start of next billing cycle.

I need a bigger bone before I bite.  I am going to stay the course.  That said, this thread title is a bit incorrect.  Feeling unlucky is more accurate.  

In a nutshell for me, more data>faster data speeds, but that isn't to say that faster speeds aren't worth something.  I'll admit, I am tempted to switch for the Canada-wide (if anything, to avoid possible new area code a phone number errorneous long distance errors) and for the extra 0.5GB.

I think that if they upped it to 5GB, I might bite. 

If Public Mobile wants to do a fully carbon copy of Lucky and Chatr, they might as well start including outgoing calls to the U.S. in the $50 call/text/6GB 30 day plan.  Now, if they offered that at a promotional price of $40/30 days, I'd definitely be making the switch.

Where can I sign up for that??? 😉

($40 is somewhat of the line for me... I don't use US calling very often, but if it would thrown in? And I'm sure I'd made use of the 6GB...)

When you think of it, since Chatr and Lucky both offer it at the $50 price, I would not be at all surprised if Public Mobile starts doing the U.S. calling at that price.  It's probably a bit of wishful thinking to get this plan at $40, but I would say that it isn't entirely that far-fetched considering that the difference between $40 and the regular price is only $10.

But, I would think that Public would probably be more likely to offer the $50 plan at $45 to upsell to customers on $40/30 day (or $120/90 day) plans.

For me Public Mobile will have my business over ChatR and Lucky as long as the later have zones and PM doesn't... Not living in a major centre, the prices of their "out-of-zone" plans just hurt.

I guess if you made me choose between $40 for Canada wide talk, text and 6GB LTE light and $45 Canada / US talk, text, 6GB LTE light - I'd go for the former.

@wetcoaster wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

This promo or my current Fall Promo 2016?  No need to go into al this stuff about the difference between 3g and LTE speed.  I've always beleived that more data is more important than faster speed to a large extent, but I have to decide if the extra 500MB and Canada-wide is worth swtiching to the slower speed data.

@myemail2  As mentioned already as an option, I would just go ahead and future-date a plan change to the new and improved plan so that it takes effect the start of next billing cycle.

I need a bigger bone before I bite.  I am going to stay the course.  That said, this thread title is a bit incorrect.  Feeling unlucky is more accurate.  

In a nutshell for me, more data>faster data speeds, but that isn't to say that faster speeds aren't worth something.  I'll admit, I am tempted to switch for the Canada-wide (if anything, to avoid possible new area code a phone number errorneous long distance errors) and for the extra 0.5GB.

If Public Mobile wants to do a fully carbon copy of Lucky and Chatr, they might as well start including outgoing calls to the U.S. in the $50 call/text/6GB 30 day plan.  Now, if they offered that at a promotional price of $40/30 days, I'd definitely be making the switch.

($40 is somewhat of the line for me... I don't use US calling very often, but if it would thrown in? And I'm sure I'd made use of the 6GB...)

When you think of it, since Chatr and Lucky both offer it at the $50 price, I would not be at all surprised if Public Mobile starts doing the U.S. calling at that price.  It's probably a bit of wishful thinking to get this plan at $40, but I would say that it isn't entirely that far-fetched considering that the difference between $40 and the regular price is only $10.

But, I would think that Public would probably be more likely to offer the $50 plan at $45 to upsell to customers on $40/30 day (or $120/90 day) plans.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

anya

Agreed. I had only just moved to pm and chose the 4gb $40 plan. When I saw the new one I was happy to realize I could also take advantage of it and just set it up to switch on my next renewal. Feels good to know I have the flexibility to do that now (unlike with my previous provider dealing with long term contracts).

@computergeek541 wrote:

The problem is when folks try to change plan on renewal day, when the plan is already 'expired' and you can't change your plan without first renewing the old one.

Yes, I understand that one could then schedule via future dating a current offer to a potentially expired future date, but that's not what they want to do.

I fully agree that future dating is the correct method - whether before renewal occurs, or after renewing and then immediate future date for upcoming renewal.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SIM-phony wrote:

I wouldn't know since I'm new to this community thing, but couldn't you try messaging the Mod Team and see if they might be able to switch you? I'm sure they'll understand your situation.

@This is where I would love to see some sort of support ranking, if everyone on the 40$ @4gb mmessages the mods asking for special favours then the people without service needing help   will be delayed.  @ @CS_Agent or @Brooke_C it might be worth making a blanket statement that future dating the plan is the only way for existing customers to get the plan. Assuming that is the case. So that the mods are not filled with requests for "price matching".

Anonymous
Not applicable

@daredogg:

Except for when the offers are only for new, not-yet customers. That's where I felt a little cheated as a barely new but now customer.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

To all the new Public Mobile customers... soon you'll learn the art of...

Spoiler
FUTURE DATING YOUR RENEWALS 
***cheesy heavenly music***

In the last 30 days, I've future dated to the better offering three times. The old plan you wanted, just gets replaced with the new one. That's one bonus about the future dating option... you "lock in" the price.

Hey @myemail2, I agree with @stonechucker, just future date this 4.5 GB deal, and you'll get it in 30 days (or whenever your plan renews).

Were you able to regain access to the forums with your old email address?

Original poster, just future date the new plan.  It's open to all subscribers and new.

Do .It now before it expires.  There are two button for plan changes.... Use the one on the right.

The last time, it sounds like you used the one on the left.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can understand the feeling cheated part. I became a customer before I learned about all the frequent promo's. They had a Walmart promo without data and thought well ok maybe not. Then they had a flash promo for a free month and I'm thinking hey wait a minute.

PM made it up to me with a little somethin' somethin'. Not the whole promo thing but something. They certainly didn't have to do anything. But it was a nice thing to do.

So Bravo/kudo to them from my perspective.

myemail2

Yes, I'm also new to the forums and just sent the team a PM.

SIM-phony

I wouldn't know since I'm new to this community thing, but couldn't you try messaging the Mod Team and see if they might be able to switch you? I'm sure they'll understand your situation.

@myemail2 wrote:

Feel cheated because I changed plan mid-cycle!! Already lost out there! And now again just 2 days in

It was your decision to change mid-cycle and letting go of all remaining services of the old plan.

As long as the promo is available for existing subscribers, there is always the option to future date your plan change so that it takes effect on your renewal date even if the promo is not available in the plan selector anymore.

I had scheduled a change to the 4GB/$40 for my next renewal date end of July, I just went back in and changed the change to the 4.5GB/$40, still happening at my next renewal in July...

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I signed up Saturday for the promo and was happy. I future dated a plan change for 28 days from now am even happier. 

Feeling cheated would be if it was not open to all members.

myemail2

Feel cheated because I changed plan mid-cycle!! Already lost out there! And now again just 2 days in

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I don't know why you'd feel cheated!! That implies that you would feel better if noone got the new promo.

I future-dated for 26 days from now. I don't feel cheated, I feel grateful!!

GC

myemail2

Just to add: I can obviously supply any info needed to tie new email to PM account

Need Help? Let's chat.