cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature removal

coutura1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just subscribed to the $25 plan. I like the unlimited talk, text and 1GB data. But can we have the voicemail removed?

7 REPLIES 7

You can't really deactivate it but you can functionally disable it. Remove your recorded voice greeting so it becomes an anonymous generic canned computer greeting. Turn on stuff like Extended Absence, Do not Reply, etc. Fill it up with (10) saved msgs so no more will be accepted, etc.

Some phone operating systems (or dialing apps) will let you change your voicemail number - so you can subscribe to one or more paid/private voicemail services - which you can edit or erase.

You can msg the PM Mods and request they remove the feature from your account. I'm guessing they can do it (just like they can add a block to 1-900 dialouts, etc). 

coutura1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Really no ways to just disable it?

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Or you could just make your outgoing message say that people shouldn't leave a message because you will never check them.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Another awesome guide by @srlawren . Great info to have available to all.

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@coutura1 wrote:

Just subscribed to the $25 plan. I like the unlimited talk, text and 1GB data. But can we have the voicemail removed?

@coutura1 @ There is a way is disable voicemail so no one can leave a message.  It is explained in the tread attached. 

You can also change the number of rings before this happens

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Re-Disable-Voicemail/m-p/213805/highl...

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@coutura1 wrote:

I don't believe you can remove.  But you never have to access your voicemail if you don't want to. 

Need Help? Let's chat.