Did you mean: 

Family phone plan

BIG-N-LITTLE
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Heow many people can you have on your plan

10 REPLIES 10

dmbcanada
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Signed up my family in October (3 of us total) and used one credit card, no issues at all.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@will13am wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

@BIG-N-LITTLE  a écrit :

One SIM card for one account. But you can have several accounts with the same credit card. 

I will add a few cautionary notes about same credit card across multiple accounts.  There is bug that crops up from time to time when activating using a credit card that is in current use on two or more active accounts.  This was definitely the case in the past.  I have not seen it mentioned in recent times.  Perhaps the bug has been dealt with, just worth a mention just in case the bug shows up.  Beyond this bug, using the same credit card for multiple activations on the same day will create potential future problems at renewal time.  The credit card company may interpret multiple purchases from the same service provider over a very short period of time as some sort of suspicious activity.  The fraud alert algorithms can kick in and deny some of the transactions.  I know of a colleague who had only 2 accounts having the same renewal day on the same credit card.  The second payment gets denied because it probably occured within seconds of the first.  Something to be wary off.  This problem is an artefact of Public Mobile not allowing multiple lines in an account.  It sounds silly, but the workaround is to stagger the activations across many days and make use of multiple credit cards.  None of my accounts have the same renewal day.  

Thanks a bunch. Updated one of my kids accounts to a different CC #.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@BIG-N-LITTLE wrote:

It is one number per account but also there is no sharing of balance or usage like minutea and data.  There is no such thing here.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@BIG-N-LITTLEYou can only have 1 phone number per account. But if you sign up online (the bonus is for online only) by the 31st of March you can use your first number as a referrence for your additional numbers and get $25 for each account per referral and $1 every 30days per referral.

@will13am wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

@BIG-N-LITTLE  a écrit :

One SIM card for one account. But you can have several accounts with the same credit card. 

I will add a few cautionary notes about same credit card across multiple accounts.  There is bug that crops up from time to time when activating using a credit card that is in current use on two or more active accounts.  This was definitely the case in the past.  I have not seen it mentioned in recent times.  Perhaps the bug has been dealt with, just worth a mention just in case the bug shows up.  Beyond this bug, using the same credit card for multiple activations on the same day will create potential future problems at renewal time.  The credit card company may interpret multiple purchases from the same service provider over a very short period of time as some sort of suspicious activity.  The fraud alert algorithms can kick in and deny some of the transactions.  I know of a colleague who had only 2 accounts having the same renewal day on the same credit card.  The second payment gets denied because it probably occured within seconds of the first.  Something to be wary off.  This problem is an artefact of Public Mobile not allowing multiple lines in an account.  It sounds silly, but the workaround is to stagger the activations across many days and make use of multiple credit cards.  None of my accounts have the same renewal day.  

This is very good advice and something everyone should be aware of.

@Lieux wrote:

@BIG-N-LITTLE  a écrit :

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BIG-N-LITTLE wrote:

Just in case you're about to activate several accounts, don't forget the "online activation" (not in-store) promotion for referral credits going on until the end of March 31st....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Share-the-love-get-a-25-Credit-for-You-...

Good luck!

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You will have to create their own account. 1 number per account. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@BIG-N-LITTLE  a écrit :

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@BIG-N-LITTLE wrote:

Each phone number needs it's own account. No family plans with Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.