cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family member switching to public mobile from koodo pre paid

Tw1tch3d
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a family member that is switching to public mobile from koodo pre paid, they have already purchased a SIM card and setup an account in-store at walmart with a temp phone number. From my understanding I've read that a MOD is required to port their Koodo pre paid number to their public mobile account. 

They have yet to make a community forum login account or a self serve login account, just wondering what the required steps are moving forward? Should I have them make a community account to get in touch with the MODS to port their number over? Or should I have them create a self serve account. Any help would be great, thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

Tw1tch3d
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Awesome, thanks to both of you for the quick responses. Hopefully I should be able to get this sorted out tonight! Thanks again

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tw1tch3d wrote:

Should I have them make a community account to get in touch with the MODS to port their number over? Or should I have them create a self serve account. Any help would be great, thanks in advance

@Tw1tch3d yes and yes.  They should have a self-serve account to be able to check their usage, buy add-on(s) when needed, etc.  But to get the port done, you'll need to get them a community account each and then contact the moderator team as @will13am noted.  You can read how to contact them via private message here if needed:  How to Get Help - Community

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Tw1tch3d, you could use the temporary number to set up a community account and then private message the moderator team to complete the number port. 

Need Help? Let's chat.