cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fall promo plan

xoy74
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am on the 12GB / $120 fall promo plan.

I was wondering if I can change just the calling portion of the plan while keeping the 12GB data.

While comparing other plans, it seems that the unlimited USA/Canada calling  $10 / month more than the Province Wide calling that I am on.

10 REPLIES 10

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can definitely change your plan. However, you will lose the 12GB/$40 plan at the same time. Don't risk it. There are other options like adding the 200 minutes or 400 minutes US/CA call. 

crazycolby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

this is what i am doing right now.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@xoy74 I see where you're coming from.  Yes if you were on the currently available 90/Prov-wide/Global/12GB plan and wanted to switch to Canada+US talk, the difference is as you mention and possibly worth it.  

@TheOldVR LOL thanks.  I wasn't trying to be all mic-droppy but thanks for the kind words 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@xoy74 wrote:

I was wondering if I can change just the calling portion of the plan while keeping the 12GB data.

While comparing other plans, it seems that the unlimited USA/Canada calling  $10 / month more than the Province Wide calling that I am on.

@xoy74@ I know others have already suggested add-on minutes, or a VoIP service for your long distance needs, and those are probably the best options.  I just wanted to correct one little thing in your original post.  You said that it would only be $10 more for unlimited Canada+USA calling, but in fact that the 90 day, unlimited Canada+USA talk, unlimited global text, 12GB plan is currently $216, which is $86 more than the promo plan @ $120.

EDIT: this is why the promo plan was so popular, it's a screaming good deal, even if you need to buy some add-ons for some long distance.  Unless you're a heavy out-of-province dialer, it's almost certainly better to stay on the promo plan.

@srlawren Wow... where's the emoji for "Mic drop and walk off"?

Nice response and summary...

xoy74

The $10 figure is from comparing any of the current plans. Build any 30 day plan, then switch the voice portion between Province Wide and CA/US Wide and you will see the difference is $10. Same if you select 90 days, the difference is $30

srlawren

@xoy74 wrote:

@xoy74@ I know others have already suggested add-on minutes, or a VoIP service for your long distance needs, and those are probably the best options.  I just wanted to correct one little thing in your original post.  You said that it would only be $10 more for unlimited Canada+USA calling, but in fact that the 90 day, unlimited Canada+USA talk, unlimited global text, 12GB plan is currently $216, which is $86 more than the promo plan @ $120.

EDIT: this is why the promo plan was so popular, it's a screaming good deal, even if you need to buy some add-ons for some long distance.  Unless you're a heavy out-of-province dialer, it's almost certainly better to stay on the promo plan.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo - I do the same, Fongo works perfect for me....

Off topic, but I also have a different SIM card that I use when in the U.S.

mimmo

of you can always use fongo voip for long distance (its free) or if on android hangouts dialer...  I have personally gone with  a mix I use the minutes as i dont call outside provice often, and fongo if i plan to be calling for a while.

xoy74

I was afraid that would be the answer. In that case the minutes add-on is better for me.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can but you'll lose your promo. The best you can do is buy international calling minutes that never expire. $15 for 400 mins I think. If you don't plan to use much minutes the $15 add on is actually cheaper since the 400 mins never expire till you use it all up.

Need Help? Let's chat.