cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to add US Roaming

ksckwong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

I travelled to US on Nov 27 for a week and added the basic talk US Roaming on the same day. 

My service provider changed to AT&T, however I was unable to make any calls during my stay in the US. Is there any way I can get a refund?

Secondly, I am not sure how the payment works and it charged me with $2.23 on my credit card. Does it redeemed from my earned credits?

Hope someone can shed some light on how to get a refund on the "add on".

Thanks.

19 REPLIES 19

mo160319
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well noted. 

I actually did all the steps, and the funds were debited from my account. I don't know what happened but I wrote to the moderators to see what can be done about it. I hope there is a solution. 

Thanks a lot for the guidance - I appreciate it! 

@mo160319, if you’re back in Canada now, you should just leave the money as available funds, as you haven’t applied the add on fully.

if you’re still in the US, redo the same steps you did to add the money, to now add the addons.

@mo160319

end a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

mo160319

thanks, how do I reach the moderators? I am pretty new. kindly guide me, contacts or links. thanks!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mo160319 wrote:

Hello there: 

I need your help.

I was in the US, signed up for text roaming, and I was unable to text anyone in the US. Though the amount was debited from my account, the service was not accessible.

I am a new user, and I will appreciate any efforts to guide me through the process to claim a refund. 

Thank you, and I look forward to your guidance. 

Buying add-on is a 2 steps process.  You probably did the first step.  You account should have $8 available fund.  If yes, you completed the first step.  Now, go to the same screen again to activate the US roaming text plan.

@mo160319

For account related issues, you will need to contact moderator.  Expect 1-2 day wait.  Provide a detailed message.  Generally speaking, since Public mobile is prepaid, there is no refunds, but the moderators are usually accomondating with these type of situations.  No guarantees though....

send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

mo160319

Hello there: 

I need your help.

I was in the US, signed up for text roaming, and I was unable to text anyone in the US. Though the amount was debited from my account, the service was not accessible.

I am a new user, and I will appreciate any efforts to guide me through the process to claim a refund. 

Thank you, and I look forward to your guidance. 

rkreddyb4u
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

How to confirm purchase during low blance scenario.

Step-1 - Select the required addons

Step-2 - System will prompt "Top up to Purchase addons"

Step-3 - Complete the topup

Step-4 - Click Go Back

Step-5 - Now click Purchase Addons

Hope this helps!

Thank you

BlueTruck

I ran into a similar issue when trying to purchase the LD add-on.

I had a $6 in Available Funds in my account initially, so I selected the 400 min add-on and clicked 'Buy Add-Ons'. After processing the transaction $9 I now had $15 in available funds, but the LD was not added to my account - I had to select it again before it showed up in my Current Add-Ons, and used up whatever was in my Available Funds.

ksckwong
Unfortunately I don't remember; but what you saying is making sense for that $2 difference. So my $2 is sitting in some PM account?

I believe I also read something similar to what you described.

For future reference, how do I confirm my purchases?

rkreddyb4u

Ok by any chance do you rememeber what was the available funds amonut prior to US Roaming purchase attempt ?

lets say the available funds = $8

Now you tried purchasing US Roaming Addon = $10

Selfserve will prompt topup $2+tax to purchase the selected US Roaming Addon

Topup successful

However you will have to go back and confirm the purchase; if not confirmed, that means US Roaming Addon is not added to your acct

ksckwong

Thanks 

I checked my Rewards tab on my profile

that $8 was posted on my account as "Available funds in your account", which means I prepaid another $8 for the upcoming payment in February 2017. So the add on was never added.

I just need to check with the MODs with the mysterious $2.23 charge now. 

rkreddyb4u

ok that explains account was not charged for US Roaming addons. It could be the case where purchase was not completed or purchase failed etc. 

ksckwong

No debit was found.

@ksckwong Not your fault. Seems getting an add-on sometimes requires two steps:

1. add money, log out

2. login and pick the add-on, click activate now

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

rkreddyb4u

and do you see the debits for the US roaming addons that you purchased ?

ksckwong

No sure if you can get any info out of this.

This was posted on my credit (payment) side, which reconcile as my visa card payment.

Nov 26, 2016Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit$2.00

My bad on not reading the details while making purchase for the add on, thought it would be straight forward.

rkreddyb4u

Hi,

Login to selfserve and goto payments and then Transaction Hisotry tab to see if there are any records for US Roaming addons purchase. This should clarify if any earned credits were taken into account during purchasing US Roaming addons.

Hope this helps

Thanks.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Only way is to contact them. But it might take some time to get a reply. 

Send a private message to one of the mod.

Need Help? Let's chat.