cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FACING PROBLEMS WITH ACTIVATION AFTER CHANGING MY PLAN

Amrit2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had a $50 plan activated when i got my sim card. After a month when my payment was due i got a coupon for $45 and added it into my account. I changed my plan to the $45 plan on my account. I have been charged for the money, my plan is changed on the account, and it shows a balance of $0 now. Even after this "whenever i call someone(in canada) it says that you need to get an add on OR this call isn't covered by your plan, also my 3G data is not working." I am very dissappointed with the services of public mobile as it is my 6th day without calling and data. I never thought that such a problem would occur even after i have paid for the service. It feels like i have wasted my $45. 

5 REPLIES 5

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Can you post a screenshot of payment history page?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get the 2GB 4G plan? If so, then that's only province-wide. If you got the promo plan then nevermind.

Amrit2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes my account says i am active on $45 plan.

Yes i always add a 1 before calling the numbers.

I am not sure what is an Apn for data.

Yes i have tried resetting my network settings, pulling out my sim and a restarting my phone.

BUT, NONE OF THIS SOLVES MY PROBLEM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems to be an account problem when it all appears fine and you've done the right things and it was apparently working in your first month.

Send ONE (1) private message to the mods here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.

Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Amrit2 wrote:

I had a $50 plan activated when i got my sim card. After a month when my payment was due i got a coupon for $45 and added it into my account. I changed my plan to the $45 plan on my account. I have been charged for the money, my plan is changed on the account, and it shows a balance of $0 now. Even after this "whenever i call someone(in canada) it says that you need to get an add on OR this call isn't covered by your plan, also my 3G data is not working." I am very dissappointed with the services of public mobile as it is my 6th day without calling and data. I never thought that such a problem would occur even after i have paid for the service. It feels like i have wasted my $45. 

Does your account show active? What plan does it say you are on?

Have you added a 1 before the numbers you are calling?

Have you configured your APN for data?

Have you tried resettings network settings and pulling out your sim / battery and doing a restart after changing your plan?

Need Help? Let's chat.