cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra minutes appear

Luna2019
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I started using my plan today. Made 5 calls, 3 minutes, 2 minutes, 4 minutes, 2 minutes, 45 seconds. But the minutes show up as 21 minutes. I am wondering how that works. It seems like the minutes are using up so quickly!

19 REPLIES 19

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@sheky 

Screenshot_20201005_161139.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheky wrote:

Nobody called but these so called voicemail numbers appear on my usage record and they do use my minutes. 

Please help. 

@sheky 

If you call your voicemail from your phone then it will take minutes. The counted minutes will show on the front overview page. The detailed usage shows _everything_. The counter is the one that counts.

Edit: jumpin'

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@sheky wrote:

Nobody called but these so called voicemail numbers appear on my usage record and they do use my minutes. 

Please help. 

@sheky   If the numbers end in 4001 then that is PM's voicemail number.  You will only see that if someone called you and the call went to voicemail, but that call wouldn't count against your plan minutes unless you call your voicemail to retrieve the message left.  You can also call your voicemail from another phone (landline perhaps) to avoid using your plan minutes.

It might be a good idea to purchase the $5/500 mins add-on to supplement your plan (if on limited minute plan) for back up minutes.  The add-on mins don't expire and will keep rolling over until depleted and will only be needed if you have used up all your plan minutes before renewal resets everything.

@sheky wrote:

Please help. 

If you use your phone to check voicemail or used it to set up voicemail you will use up outgoing minutes on the $15 plan. You can use another phone to check your voicemail. Dial your number and press * at the greeting. 

sheky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please help. 

Luna2019

@Anonymous wrote:

@Luna2019 wrote:

In fact, I just checked that there are two calls to 5875804001 which I never made! Does anyone know that the system would make this kind of error? Thank you in advance!

That's the call forwarded number for voicemail. Someone calls you and you don't answer, it call forwards to that number and ends up in voicemail. It shouldn't take any of your 50 minutes but you'll see it in details.

Thank you for the explanation! Now it all make sense!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luna2019 wrote:

In fact, I just checked that there are two calls to 5875804001 which I never made! Does anyone know that the system would make this kind of error? Thank you in advance!

That's the call forwarded number for voicemail. Someone calls you and you don't answer, it call forwards to that number and ends up in voicemail. It shouldn't take any of your 50 minutes but you'll see it in details.

Luna2019

Luna2019

Thank you everyone for your inputs! @Anonymous @computergeek541 @Lieux @NDesai 

Luna2019

Yes. I am on a $10 plan. Now I am seriously thinking about changing plan. Thank you for mentioning about the usage history. I checked it. It is truely 21 minutes! 

Luna2019

Yes. You helped answer my question yesterday:-)

Luna2019

Even ringing time is counted! Is that the case for all carriers? I guess I was not paying that much attention.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luna2019 wrote:

I started using my plan today. Made 5 calls, 3 minutes, 2 minutes, 4 minutes, 2 minutes, 45 seconds. But the minutes show up as 21 minutes. I am wondering how that works. It seems like the minutes are using up so quickly!

I guess you're on the $10 plan otherwise you wouldn't care.

Minutes round up to the next minute. You calling your voicemail box from your phone takes minutes also. Maybe you took 3-odd minutes to do the initial setup of your voicemail. Look at your usage details to see all of the minutes it thinks it took.

Apparently the counter starts from the moment it contacts Public Mobile then to your phone then ringing and finally you answer. But I'm not so sure of that.

@Luna2019 wrote:

I'm counting at least 12 minutes there.  Remember that if the phone rings for 5 minutes before someone answers, that ring time will also count as part of the minutes being used up.  I realize that is a far-feteched example because most people would hang up before then, a voicemail box/answering would pick up, or the carrier would disconnect the call before then, but my point is that ringing time counts for calls that do get connected.

In addition, that 5 minute call would be charged as 6 minutes if it turns out to be 5 minutes and 1 second.  The on-screen call timer will not be accurate when it comes to comparing it to the amount of minutes used.

Is it about texts with the 474663 number for iphone do you speak? @Luna2019 

Luna2019

@NDesai Thank you for your input. I have got in contact with a mod. Let's see what they say.

Luna2019

@Lieux The minutes are gone much faster than I thought! Maybe I should consider changing a plan. Thank you for your reply. But I think I will still try to contact a mod to see if there is any error since the 2 text/day error is still going on. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Luna2019  Yes, that's odd. It should be accurate. You should reach out to the Moderator_Team and they will do their best to investigate. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Luna2019 Every seconds counts as 1 minutes and even the voicemail count...Smiley Frustrated

Need Help? Let's chat.