cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evvvverytime its 3mos renewal period, I have to make a post like this :-/

al77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Public Mobile moderators...

Made my payment, balance due - $0,  Available funds = $195, can't make phone calls or send texts or use data.  This seems to happen every 3 months when i renew.

"your plan doesn't have long distance" is the automated message I get.

I do have Canada wide, and was making a local call, so even if I didn't, it should still work.  Nothing works.. please assist. thx

9 REPLIES 9

yyolaw

I would Private message the moderators for help so they can check your account for you

Hey @al77, I hear ya.

To me, the date listed on the overview page, if it's called the AutoPay date, then take my money on that date.  Having to wait until the next day is rediculous.

I get the notification telling me 3 days prior to my AutoPay date, that my payment is due, but it also says "if you're on AutoPay or have already topped up, please ignore the message."

So, as I'm signed up for AutoPay I can top up 3 days early, or I can wait for it.

I don't know what your notification says, as I've always been on AutoPay.

bsperanz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

with this problem constantly reoccuring, have you considered the autopay option? Theoretically it's less hassle and you can save a few bucks on your plan

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

it sucks having to go through the same trouble every 3 months.

al77

@stonechucker  I received text notifications that my payment was due, so I topped up. I don't use autopay.

Waiting a full day for that to be processed is pretty lame (not to direct any frustration at you), but I think it's a bit ridiculous to go without a functioning phone for a day - public mobile really needs to step it up.  This is the 4th or 5th time I've deal with the same issue over the last year and a bit.

@al77, are you signed up for AutoPay, or are you just manually paying because you want to?

If you are, is today your AutoPay is listed as occurring (ie ON THE OVERVIEW page of Self-Serve)???

If so, it's not going to come out automatically until sometime tomorrow, as the system has been severy delayed (happens sometime after midnight Toronto, the day following).

al77

Yup - exactly.  Funds were in there, i'll try the moderator link. thx

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

hey @al77  sucks that this keeps happening to you.  the best ay to get hep from mods is to message them directly.  even if they reply to teh forums they will still ask you to message them directly.  I am sure you know how but just in case i will attach the speil below.

another option you could try and we shoudl not have to is to top up manually and then ask the mods to renew your plan a day early. this will avoid any down time.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@al77, are you saying that even with available funds in the account, it is not renewing properly.  I assumed funds were in the account on time for renewal.  The moderator team should be asked to look into why renewal is not working.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.