cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: sorry you don't have an active long distance add on

KateH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I'm getting the following issue when I try to call 1-401 and 1-845 numbers. Can someone please help? Btw My plan includes unlimited Canada wide calling....

" sorry you don't have an active long distance add on"

9 REPLIES 9

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@KateH wrote:

Yes, I'm in Canada, trying to call into a conference for work. The other people on the conference are also in Canada. However, If the conference numbers mentioned below are US numbers that would explain the issue.

What type of phone to you have?. If it's Android you can download and use Hangout Dialer to call any North American number for free.

Also, you can add 200 minutes of U.S. & Canada Long Distance to your plan. 

Purchasing Add-Ons is a 2-step process:

• You will need to add funds equal to the amount of the Add-On to your account. Then, click on ‘Purchase Add-Ons’ on the Overview page.
  • Or you can purchase Add-Ons by dialing *611, or by signing in to your Self-Serve account. 

For more info click here

@KateH You can buy the 200 minute US and Canada long distance addon for $8, it will stay in your account until you use all of the minutes.

@KateH  a écrit :

Yes, I'm in Canada, trying to call into a conference for work. The other people on the conference are also in Canada. However, If the conference numbers mentioned below are US numbers that would explain the issue.

If you want US calls included in your plan in Canada you need the 50$ plan per month.Smiley Happy

KateH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

sandpublic

@KateH wrote:

Hello, I'm getting the following issue when I try to call 1-401 and 1-845 numbers. Can someone please help? Btw My plan includes unlimited Canada wide calling....

Are you trying to call a US number from Canada or are you in the US?

@duffer900  a écrit :

@KateH wrote:

They are both in the USA I believe. Your unlimited Canada wide calling would only be for Canadian Area codes.

Yes well thought @duffer900 !! For calling to the Us you need @KateH US roaming add-on...

sandpublic

@KateH wrote:

Sometimes restarting your device fixes the problem. 

duffer900

@KateH wrote:

They are both in the USA I believe. Your unlimited Canada wide calling would only be for Canadian Area codes.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@KateH  a écrit :

Can you see your right plan in your self serve account? Is it just with those numbers? If yes you will need to reach the moderator here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain what happened. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days..

Need Help? Let's chat.