cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error reporting data use?

jonologan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I’ve been on vacation recently without wifi and have been using my data for a connection. When I checked the Public Mobile self-serve website, it says that I’ve used over 8GB of my data since Tuesday (when my plan last reset). However, my phone’s usage data and the usage data on the self-serve website both confirm that I’ve only used about 2.5GB (which is about what I thought I used). Can this discrepancy be explained? I want to clear this up before it becomes an issue. 

Thank you,

Jonathan

3 REPLIES 3

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@jonologan wrote:

Hi,

I’ve been on vacation recently without wifi and have been using my data for a connection. When I checked the Public Mobile self-serve website, it says that I’ve used over 8GB of my data since Tuesday (when my plan last reset). However, my phone’s usage data and the usage data on the self-serve website both confirm that I’ve only used about 2.5GB (which is about what I thought I used). Can this discrepancy be explained? I want to clear this up before it becomes an issue. 

Thank you,

Jonathan

It says you've used 8GB since Tuesday but the self-serve site confirms that you've used 2.5GB?  Did you look at number quickly and 8GB your total allowed?

The usages show different in counter than if you add numbers yourself from usage history?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jonologan  there are occaisional reports of data not resetting after renewal this might be the case.   If the usage data whichI believe you added matches your phone and is different than what you see in self serve then it is best to send a private message to moderator_team.  and ask them to investgate.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@jonologan wrote:

Hi,

Thank you,

Jonathan

It’s a question which comes regularly here... it’s better to use an app to check your data usage. If you want you can ask the moderator to have a look to this but ...usually it’s not a problem with public mobile but with an application in the back end of your phone... here for the moderator https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and be patient waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.