cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erroneous data usage

carson1118
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have been using Public Mobile for almost two years now. But I have just discovered something unusual with my data usage, not sure if that's something new or has been like this for the past two years and I just didn't notice that.

Few months ago, I travelled back to Hong Kong so I have taken out my sim card from my phone and never used it (I kept my plan though cause I am not sure when I will be coming back). However, when I login to check my account details, it shows that I have used 935.413mb/1024 mb with my 1Gb Promo in both April and May (exactly the same usage for the two months). Could someone let me know what that usage is?

Thanks very much!

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@carson1118 : This is the beauty of add-ons here. They stay on your account until fully consumed. Only plan data will reset to zero each term. You're just seeing it's last known state of usage.

carson1118

I am still outside of Canada at the moment.

I didn't notice there was a Christmas Promo before, that might explain it! I will check once again when I am back in Canada.

Thanks again for the help! Cheers.

@carson1118  are you back in Canada now?  is the phone/data working?

So, you are saying:  "used 935.413mb/1024 mb with my 1Gb Promo " , you meant the monthly 1GB or you meant the 1GB Christmas promotion from before? 

If it is the Christmas Data promo, then it could have been used any time since you got the promotion.   If it is your monthly 1GB, you might want to check with Mod to confirm no suspicious account activities

carson1118

Thanks for the help.

I checked the usage under My Data and Add-ons and My Plan, there were no entries basically from 1st of March til today except two incoming SMS.

I was thinking the same before, like if there is any background usage, but it has been almost 7 months now since I left Canada and I have my sim card taken out all that time so it should'nt be running in any sense. Plus, if there are some background usages, the amount used shouldn't be exactly the same for 2 months (I wasn't aware with the problem so I don't have an idea of what the usage was like back in Feb or Mar).

Thanks for you help anyway.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your account and check usage history.  It will show which date and how much data was used.

If you still have questions then submit a ticket to a moderator for them to investigate.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@carson1118  check this:  Go to your Self-Serve, Plan and Add-Ons, Usage History

Pick date between April 1 to today (or you can pick even earlier)  and check the history, it will be Call Type: Web and see if those entries make sense

I am wondering if any chance while you were still in Canada, your data was on and some background activities was going no (like OS update download, Apps Update, Automatic Cloud backup)

Need Help? Let's chat.