cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employees Pitching 3G as LTE

tomaskingsley
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The staff at two separate Telus/Koodo/Public kiosks have tried to sell me on the fact that Public's 3G is really LTE, as they have no 3G network. They go on to say that it will display LTE on the phone as proof. And that it will not be throttled in any way. I have voice recordings of the employees at both shops, as I did not believe them and felt like they were duping me. 

Is this accurate? They were so sure of themselves and pressuring me to sign up right at that moment.

@CS_Agent

32 REPLIES 32

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@tomaskingsley Its 3g throttled to 9mbps  edit not throttled and 4g  lte throttled to 3 mbps. 

@tomaskingsley wrote:

The staff at two separate Telus/Koodo/Public kiosks have tried to sell me on the fact that Public's 3G is really LTE, as they have no 3G network. They go on to say that it will display LTE on the phone as proof. And that it will not be throttled in any way. I have voice recordings of the employees at both shops, as I did not believe them and felt like they were duping me. 

Is this accurate? They were so sure of themselves and pressuring me to sign up right at that moment.

@CS_Agent

Loki1025
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My understanding is that the speed is throttled to 3G, but stand to be corrected.

Need Help? Let's chat.