cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from public mobile saying I've used 95%of my data.

MMB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I gave 8 GB of data and cannot see my usage. Where can I see this and if I have, how do I advise to pay to get more data.

10 REPLIES 10

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@MMB It's all here, https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/viewUsageChangePlan/

But it will take you a while I'm guessing. I'd search for large chuncks of data rather than tracking every MB.

Try clicking on the data usage header to organize by data to make it easier. Set your dates to Dec 26 to today as well. I believe if you use the >> to go right to the end of the table and then click twice on Data Usage twice, all your data uses will come to the top. 

@MMB 

@MMB wrote:

Due date for plan is Jan 25th and I'm shocked that I've used that much data. I can't see where it shows I have used that much.

Here is a help article on data usage:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

Depending on your phone, limit the access to data to certain apps.  

@MMB It's all here, https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/viewUsageChangePlan/

But it will take you a while I'm guessing. I'd search for large chuncks of data rather than tracking every MB.

MMB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Due date for plan is Jan 25th and I'm shocked that I've used that much data. I can't see where it shows I have used that much.

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

How many days are left in your cycle? Is it almost done or still early? I am just curious if you expected to be around 95% or if it is a big surprise.

As @ChuckYeah says you can renew early through a moderator. If you had say 5 days to go in your 30 day plan that would toss it out and start a new 30 day plan right then charging the $50 plan cost to your credit card if you have Autopay enabled which you might not as you would have 8.5 Gb rather than 8 Gb if on Autopay.

You can do it yourself by changing plans in your self serve area. But you can only change to a DIFFERENT PLAN from the one you are currently on. The $40/5Gb plan would likely be a good choice. You could then stay on it until you use up the 5Gb of data and assuming that you don't get through the 30 days you can then change back to your $50/8Gb plan in Self Serve at that point in time.

With the 1Gb data add-on costing $30, an early renewal or early plan change would be a much more economical way to go assuming you aren't very close to renewal so you could get by with Wi-Fi for example. When changing plan in self serve choose immediate change rather than change at next renewal. Each immediate change resets your renewal date to 30 days, this ISN'T a stop gap thing until your previous scheduled renewal date.

AE_Collector

smitty267
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Log into your account and click ;view my usage' in the My Data & Add-Ons section of the page.

@MMB A 1GB addon is $30. Quite expensive. 

You could message @CS_Agent and ask them to renew your plan early.

To contact a moderator, create a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:simon.PNG

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand (e.g. no service, can't send texts, can't call out or no data). Answer Simon's questions until you get here:

Spoiler
supportticket.png

@CS_Agent will respond to your concern through the community's private messaging system, usually within 48 hours.

Watch for this indicator of a private message from a moderator.

privatemsg.png

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team

About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST; Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Log into my account and click on usage to see it. You can also click on daily usage  for a breakdown. You can purchase either the 200 or 1 gigabyte data add-on in my account. 

@MMB wrote:

I gave 8 GB of data and cannot see my usage. Where can I see this and if I have, how do I advise to pay to get more data.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@MMB wrote:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/

This is a $15 (250MB data) plan. In this case the data is all used up, so you see no data plan line. If you don't see one, your data plan is used up too.

datausage.png

This is a $25 (500+500MB data) plan. In this case the data only partially used. (238 MB of 1,024 MB). You can click on view my usage, but it will likely take alot of time to track 8GB of used data.

datausage1.png

Need Help? Let's chat.