cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early top up (before expiry of the current cycle)

asif_sadeque
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone!

Took this connection on 18th November,2019. As of date, my data has been exhausted. I have ample balance in my account and was looking for an early top up option before the scheduled day, i.e December 18th. Couldn’t find any. Add on option to replenish data is way too expensive and won’t work for me. I haven’t enabled ‘auto pay’, nor do I wish to. Suggestions please. Thanks Adv regards,

Asif

21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@asif_sadeque wrote:

Thanks a bunch for clarifying it. Will try to switch plan and have my net working. 🙏 

Let us know what happens with your $10 promo. You might lose it.

asif_sadeque

Thanks a bunch for clarifying it. Will try to switch plan and have my net working. 🙏 

asif_sadeque

Thanks for the clarification. Kudos

@asif_sadeque wrote:

Hi,

Am not talking about unused position of my current plan. While trying for a renewal, I refilled my account with $100. My question was, if I opt for a higher plan ($40/moth to $50/month) shall I lose that $100 which is lying as “available balance”.

Thanks in advance

Your $100 balance would get reduced by $50. The warning that is shown on-screen is to warn you that payment of the new play is do immeidately for an immediate plan change and that there will be no refunds for the unused portion of your old plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@asif_sadeque wrote:

Hi,

Am not talking about unused position of my current plan. While trying for a renewal, I refilled my account with $100. My question was, if I opt for a higher plan ($40/moth to $50/month) shall I lose that $100 which is lying as “available balance”.

Thanks in advance

No. It's just money in your account. What you do with it is up to you. Buy add-ons. Pay for your plan. Immediate change plan.

Whatever your balance is...deduct the plan cost from it and that would be your remaining balance.

asif_sadeque

Hi,

Thanks in advance

@computergeek541 wrote:

@asif_sadeque wrote:

Hi,

I am up for higher plan as of now (from $40 to $50). If I do so now, my questions are-

1. Will it get me the data service instantly? (As of now calls and texts are in coming and outgoing only data is suspended)

2. By doing so, won’t I be losing the available finds (as I attempted doing that but a pop up message says that if I change my plan; I shall lose my available funds+ promo.

Thanks for your help.

Your data would start working again immedaitely with this change.  You would not get any refund for the unused portinon of your old plan. As to wether you will lose some promotion, this is dependent on which promotion you currently have and the terms of it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@asif_sadeque wrote:

Hi,

I am up for higher plan as of now (from $40 to $50). If I do so now, my questions are-

1. Will it get me the data service instantly? (As of now calls and texts are in coming and outgoing only data is suspended)

2. By doing so, won’t I be losing the available finds (as I attempted doing that but a pop up message says that if I change my plan; I shall lose my available funds+ promo.

Thanks for your help.

1. Yes.

2. Of course you'll "lose" Available Funds. You have to pay for the new plan. You would be starting a whole new 30 day term. The promo is the iffy part.

Here’s what else you should know:

• Only plans $35/mo or greater are eligible for this offer.
  • Eligible customers will receive $10 credit for months 1-6, then resume paying full price from month 7 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

@asif_sadeque wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

Your data would start working again immedaitely with this change.  You would not get any refund for the unused portinon of your old plan. As to wether you will lose some promotion, this is dependent on which promotion you currently have and the terms of it.

asif_sadeque

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@asif_sadeque wrote:

Hi!

Thanks. Did you mean to say that I could convert my available balance to a gift card?! How so?

If I choose to pay auto pay, can I cancel it on later date?

No. We wish! (converting funds)

There's kinda two parts to autopay. One is that it gets you the $2 reward that goes towards your Available Funds for renewals. The other is that you can have a balance in your Available Funds which means the payment card doesn't get used and still get the reward. However that balance got there.

@asif_sadeque wrote:

Hi!

Thanks. Did you mean to say that I could convert my available balance to a gift card?! How so?

@asif_sadeque 

You are unable to get the available fund to a gift card, or other form of payments (ie. check).  

You can cancel autopay at anytime.  

@asif_sadeque 

If you change to a lower price plan, your future promotion credits may be affected.  You will need to know the terms and conditions of your particular promo.  If you change to higher cost plan, it usually will not affect your future promo credits.  

this likely was your promotion

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Until-November-21-get-10-off-for-the-fi...

asif_sadeque

Hi!

asif_sadeque

Hi, thanks much for your inputs. There’s a caution message comes if I wish to change my current plan. It says all the unavailable balance along with the promo ($10 off every month for next 6months) will go away!

@asif_sadeque wrote:

Switching plans isn’t an option as I have $$$ in account balance 😢

You can switch plans with the balance, you won't lose it. The autopay reward will be added the next day, if not you can contact moderators for it. If you like your current plan and want to keep it, after switching you can postdate the next switch for the renewal date. If it turns out that this ne plan is betterb suiting your needs you can cancel postdated switch at any time. Note that if you switch immediately your renewal date will change.

If you still prefer to keep this plan you can contact moderators

Anonymous
Not applicable

@asif_sadeque wrote:

Hi everyone!

Took this connection on 18th November,2019. As of date, my data has been exhausted. I have ample balance in my account and was looking for an early top up option before the scheduled day, i.e December 18th. Couldn’t find any. Add on option to replenish data is way too expensive and won’t work for me. I haven’t enabled ‘auto pay’, nor do I wish to. Suggestions please. Thanks Adv regards,

Asif

I'll just add that you can use those prepaid "credit" card gift cards to satisfy the autopay reward to get the free 2 bucks. It can even have a zero balance to get it. Obviously you still need to pay for the new term somehow but at least it's 2 bucks less. Why wouldn't you "wish to"?

@asif_sadeque wrote:

If you wish to renew the current plan early...only a moderator can help with that. Follow the instruction provided already by @Dunkman  and a moderator will eventually get back to you.

You can start a different plan right away, but again...you'll lose whatever talk/text/data balance is remaining on your current plan and there's no refunds or prorating.

Only other PM alternative is to spend $30 for the 1GB add-on.

Have you taken advantage of the free 1GB of data that PM is giving away to everyone ? It's free and all you have to do is activate it...did I mention it's free.

Good luck whatever you choose to do.

BTW...if you wish to change plans right away...you NEED to have the $$$ for the new plan, in your Available Funds...either that or get payment vouchers from Shell gas station.

you can change your plan on next renewal date.

asif_sadeque

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@asif_sadeque 

Unfortuantely, you can't renew your same plan earlier.  Only a moderator can help with that option.  

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

You could change to another different plan immediately, but you will lose whatever is remaining in your account.  PM does not prorate the plans if changed earlier.  

Need Help? Let's chat.