cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Early Renewal

@NBruinsma 

It's kind of unfortunate that a *self-serve* place doesn't have an easy ability to do early renewals.

One needs to be aware that there is no pro-rating here. So an immediate plan change starts a new plan term and the old plan is gone along with its features that you paid for previously.

So the official method is to run it through the mods. The mods will eventually ask you to put money in your account. So doing that ahead of time just saves the time and energy for that part of the interaction with them.

The other method is to spend even more money on going down to the $10 plan and back up to your previous plan if it's a current plan. Yet another option is to use the BYO and pick up the features you had and then afterwards do a future plan change to your previous plan if it's a current plan.

If you're on a promo plan that is no longer offered then you lose it when you change. You can't go back to a promo plan.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@NBruinsma wrote:

I am not playing a victim. I don't care how you feel about my situation. I am simply stating for other people who attempt to renew early that:

1. Despite the advice in the forum to ask the moderators to renew early, that is not a dependable option - as they will not always do it

2. Do not put money in your account before you check with a moderator if they will renew your account, as you cannot get a refund

3. It probably isn't worth trying to renew early as it will take days for you to do it, even if you catch the moderators in the right mood.

I would have been happy to just pay the 10 dollars to switch plans and then switch immediately back to my current plan - the problem is not that there is no way to do it, the problem is that the forum tells you the wrong way, and that the wrong way costs people money and causes them to delay doing it themselves.

Because I was unable to do so, I think that it is important to let people in the forum know that before they attempt to do the same thing. That is how the community is supposed to work. If other people have had the same issues as me, it would have been useful for me if they had mentioned it in the forum. 

@stonechucker wrote:

@NBruinsma the reason we ask for you to load the funds when you send the request in is so that it's available and the moderator_team can load it sooner, rather than later. 

Immediate plan change being a final choice if you can't be bothered to wait for the Moderator_Team's assistance.

You seem to misunderstand what I am trying to say altogether. I have no problem with the speed at which the moderators respond to requests, I was well aware that it might take a couple of days for a response. The problem is that the information is all over the forum to add funds to your account and then contact a moderator for early renewal. That doesn't work, or at least I can say for sure that it doesn't always work. Because it doesn't work, be prepared for several messages back and forth, each of which may take days.

@NBruinsma  Thanks for the update good to know if this is the case. I'm just thinking out loud, from what you describe maybe it's best to just do a plan change to the one higher up plan immediately. i.e. from the $35.00 to the $45.00 and once that is done then schedule a plan change back to the $35.00 plan on your next renewal. That way you pay the extra $10 but upgrade your plan and benefit from the additional data  instead of switching to the $10 and then back to your existing plan.

@NBruinsma well then use $10 of your available balance (which you say you've loaded), and change to the $10 plan.  It's your money - instead of waiting, do the change, and reschedule now.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@geopublic that is a good solution. The other option might be to change to the equivalent plan of a different length (change from $180, 90 day plan to the $60, 30 day plan) and then set it to change back next renewal.

@z10user4 wrote:

@NBruinsma 

So the official method is to run it through the mods. The mods will eventually ask you to put money in your account. So doing that ahead of time just saves the time and energy for that part of the interaction with them.

That is what I am saying, if that is the official method then be aware that it doesn't always work. If it is not the method at all then it is a problem that everyone thinks it is. To make it completely clear, here is the message I received when I asked:

Capture.PNG

and in case it matters, I was not trying to change to a plan that no longer exists. It is still readily available in self-serve. 

Here are a couple more. 

Capture 2.PNG

Capture 3.PNG

I could supply the whole thread if anyone cares, but the important thing is that I was told by multiple moderators that they CAN NOT, not that they will not. The fact that everyone in the message board thinks that they can still either means that they were incorrect in their responses to me, or that there is misinformation in the forum that I am trying to clear up. Would be good to have a moderator weigh in and clarify.

Mayor / Maire

@NBruinsma 

Wow. That does indeed go against what I've been reading here for a year now. Thanks for sharing those interactions. I've not seen people come back after those instructions saying that the mods didn't let them. So this is new news.

So once again... @Alan_K: would you be able to shed light on whether this is a new policy that early renewals via moderators is no longer possible? It has been understood that this was a capability. Now moderators are saying they won't.

Public Mobile

@z10user4 wrote:

@NBruinsma 

Wow. That does indeed go against what I've been reading here for a year now. Thanks for sharing those interactions. I've not seen people come back after those instructions saying that the mods didn't let them. So this is new news.

So once again... @Alan_K: would you be able to shed light on whether this is a new policy that early renewals via moderators is no longer possible? It has been understood that this was a capability. Now moderators are saying they won't.

Hi all, thanks for flagging. I've shared this feedback and Moderators can continue to assist with early renewal requests. Early renewals are on the roadmap for us as we look to make it Self-Serve possible.

@Alan_K wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@NBruinsma 

Hi all, thanks for flagging. I've shared this feedback and Moderators can continue to assist with early renewal requests. Early renewals are on the roadmap for us as we look to make it Self-Serve possible.

This is happening a great deal it seems @Alan_K.  Please ensure the entire Moderator_Team is informed and allows members to renew early, as they have not been.

Mayor / Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

This is happening a great deal it seems @Alan_K.  Please ensure the entire Moderator_Team is informed and allows members to renew early, as they have not been.

By "this" you mean mis-information from the moderators? This is the first I recall hearing that moderators were saying no to early renewal requests.

Other mis-information yes Smiley Happy I'm wondering if Alan will reply to another question about the Bell/3G promo where moderators might be confusing things.