cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Plan Renewal

Coling
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent 

My plan renewed October 20th and somehow I managed to use all of my plan data. I need to renew my plan early. Please help!

Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10

@Michael6 

Yes one must consider this if they have significant rewards. Do you need the data vs losing rewards? The same goes for self-suspension.

Michael6
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So if I renew early two or three times, I might be losing rewards?

Food for thought on early renewal.. 

@Michael6 

If you renew early even by one day your rewards will not be applied for that cycle. It will not affect the 365 day count for loyalty only suspension of more than 60 days will affect that.

Michael6
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Anyone know if the loyalty rewards apply to early renewal prices? 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Coling wrote:

@CS_Agent 

My plan renewed October 20th and somehow I managed to use all of my plan data. I need to renew my plan early. Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change. Login to your account. Select the Plan and add-ons tab and click on the Change Plan button.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the bottom right corner. Moderator wait time is couple hours to 2 days. If your next renewal date is up to 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $15 1GB data or $5 200MB data. Expensive option. This is a good option if you need a small amount of data occasionally. Data add-on does not have expiry date. Unused add-on data will be rolled over to next cycle.Please note that there is no refund of the unused days of your current billing cycle if (option 2) you renew your plan early with moderator assistant or (option 1) change plan now.

Please note that there is no refund of the unused days of your current cycle if your renew plan early or change plan immediately.

@Coling 

To renew your plan early you must have a moderator do that for you...to choose another plan with more or less data you can do yourself. Just add the funds to cover the new plan then select it and choose change now. The following is my response to another member today in the same position with the math worked out based on the $40/5gb plan.

Spoiler

So I think @Jb456 and @Triguy have made it clear that by changing now your 30 day cycle starts anew. The reason for doing this is to get more data....calls and texts remain the same. So look at it this way......

1. $40/5gb÷30 days=$1.33 per day (5gb=5120mb) 5120÷15=341.33 usage per day
  2. $40/5gb+$15/1gb=$55÷30 days=$1.83 per day (1gb=1024mb)1024÷15=68.26 p/day
  3. $40/5gb+$45/6.5gb=$85÷45 days=$1.88 per day (6.5gb=6656mb)÷30=221.86 p/day
  4. $40/5gb+$50/8.5gb=$90÷45 days=$2 per day (8.5gb=8704mb)÷30=290.13 p/day

Your data usage per day has been 341.33mb per day. Based on that usage 341.33mb×30 days =10239mb per cycle about 10gb. If you are not using your data saver and restricting all background data doing so will save you approximately 25% of your data usage. 25% of 341.33mb=85.33mb 85.33mb×30days=2559.975mb saved over 30 days (about 2.5gb) That would make your 30 day data needs at 7.5gb making the $50/8.5gb plan the best plan for your data needs atm. Using data saving 341.33 - 85.33mb=256mb per day needed.

1. $50/8.5gb÷30 days=$1.66 per day
  2. $45/6.5gb÷30days=$1.50 per day

Changing your plan now although it seems to be paying twice for service  but once averaged over 45 days of service you will pay $0.55 to $0.67 per day more to continue get the amount of data you have been using but once you settle into a higher data plan on the 30 day cycle it will be $0.33 to $0.47 more per day. But these are based on $40/5gb per 30 days If you base it on 15 days with 5gb used you currently are paying $2.66 per day for data. Changing your plan now saves $0.66 per day (45 days) and once on a 30 day cycle/$50/8.5gb saves $1 per day.

Keep in mind once you change from the current $40/5gb plan you will not get it back as its been replaced by the $40/4.5gb plan. Consider your options carefully before changing.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Coling 

to renew same plan early you have to contact the moderators to do this. Step one add money to account to cover plan. Step two contact moderators.

Through the chat bot. Type:

• Human
  • Click account specific
  • Click No I need a human now
  • Click to submit ticket

2nd option under other should be early renewal.

Screenshot_20201102_150700.jpg

Or private message moderators at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Coling wrote:

@CS_Agent 

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Coling you ran out of data midway through your plan.  If this is a unique occurrence, then you can just buy an Add-on as already suggested above.  Add-ons will roll over the next renewals until all used up.  

Any Add-On purchase will be deducted immediately from your available funds.

Be sure to:
1. Add funds to your account, if you don`t have sufficient funds  

2. Go back to the Add-Ons page and select your Add-On.

To change your plan: sign in to Self-Serve, select ‘Purchase Add-ons’ on the Overview pag, and choose your add-on.

self serve overview -4 account - ADD-Ons - Buy Addon DATA.png

But if this is a normal occurrence, then I suggest that you upgrade to a plan with higher data.  When you’re changing your plan, you can choose to change immediately or at your next plan renewal date. To change your plan: sign in to Self-Serve, select ‘Change Plan’ on the Overview page, select the plan you want, and scroll to the bottom of the page. If you’re looking to apply a promotion to your plan, learn how you can do that here.

But if you still want early renewal, contact the moderators using the links provided above.

I hope this helps.  Stay safe.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Contact a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

If you renew your plan early then you would lose any unused minutes/texts or data.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Coling wrote:

@CS_Agent 

Thanks in advance.

@Coling You can do one of three things. Buy a data add on. Renew yourself right now by selecting a higher or lower plan. Renew on the same plan early through a moderator. Only a moderator can do an early renewal on the same plan. 

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.