cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: Dropped Calls

@ShawnC13  I hoping its just bad luck but im resigned to the fact it might not be...thus the good credit card with the insurance. But I'll definitely be happy to see the back side of 2019. I've certainly had much better years. The highlight of 2019 is discovering public mobile that's for darn sure!

Fergmyster
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New to Public Mobile.  The odd time I am right in the middle of a call, it gets dropped. It says no service on my phone.  Is there a phone number to talk to an actual person. Thanks Rob

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Fergmyster  No this is online service only. Due to recent events you may experience more dropped calls than usual. If you are on a long phone call you may have the call dropped after more than 90 minutes.

Try rebooting your phone and/or turn airplane mode on. Wait 5 min. Turn airplane mode off. This will disconnect and then reestablish a better connection to the network.If it continues to occur frequently then contact the moderators to look into your account for an issue causing it.

updatehelenasap
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been a user since Dec 15, 2018 and I have been getting dropped calls, not receiving important calls for the last 1.5 years.  I wrote to moderator team and they wrote me a message saying how they have noticed dropped calls with $15 users.  I was using the most expensive one at that time $40-45 for 2 gb 4G.  I stayed with PM since I don't use phones or data that much, but it does get frustrating with after 1 hr of wait time with banks, calls drop on you.  Before calls dropped after 2hr point, but today, it dropped about 5 minutes.  Receiving calls not getting through today from my employer was when I thought, I really need to look at other phone companies.  Just insane.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@updatehelenasap

Contact the moderators again and have them create a ticket for the tech team to Look into the problem. Calls should not be dropped after 5 minutes. After 90 or 120 minutes is normal unfortunately to assure its not accidently left connected as I've experienced that issue. Your account needs reprovisioning at the very least.

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

I've never had a dropped call because it was too long. I've had 3 hour conference calls without drops.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sheytoon  I've had many and many others here complain about this particularly lately with 811 and other gov. sites.....do you have any insight?

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

I don't doubt your experiences, and I don't know why it's happening. But it doesn't seem to be consistent across the board.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@updatehelenasap I suggest you try your SIM card in another phone, to rule out your phone. Try calls on the other phone for a few days and see if you experience any difference in call stability.

Need Help? Let's chat.