cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sm2016
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Dropped Calls

@sheytoon @srlawren 

It's happening everywhere. I've experience this problem in multiple areas around Vancouver, Richmond, and Surrey.

Probably related to the problem: Occasionally when making outbound calls, it can take up to a minute before the phone even starts ringing.

Keep in mind that it is not just my account, the two phones I mentioned are on two separate accounts.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sm2016 interesting.  I'm in those same 3 cities pretty much daily and don't have that issue.  I would be inclined to think it might be a hardware issue except that you're having it happen on two different phones.  Something is ringing a bell for me that someone with a pair of iPhones posted about this happening to them a while back and they had to change a setting on their devices to get it to stop, but I can't for the life of me remember the details unfortunately.  Does anyone seeing this happen to remember?  😞

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
iPhoneUser

@sm2016 wrote:

@sheytoon @srlawren 

It's happening everywhere. I've experience this problem in multiple areas around Vancouver, Richmond, and Surrey.

Probably related to the problem: Occasionally when making outbound calls, it can take up to a minute before the phone even starts ringing.

Keep in mind that it is not just my account, the two phones I mentioned are on two separate accounts.

By any chance does it have anything to do with who you are calling and what carrier they are on? I find a ring delay when calling brother in Nanaimo on Rogers and I am in Maple Ridge. 

sm2016

@srlawren Please do let me know if you find it... 

@iPhoneUser

I have been unable to identify a pattern, but it is not consisent. I can call the same person 10 times, and the delay might only happen 3 times

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

@sm2016 my suggestion would be to ask the moderators to re-provision your account.

sm2016

@Moderator_Team Please re-provision my account and message me for details on the other account I need reprovisioning on

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@sm2016You need to contact the moderators directly by clicking on the ? on the lower right hand corner and type in rep. Moderators don't always scan tags on this forum, especially during busy season and where things like account verification is required.

Get52Shorty
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I previously replied to this message having the same kind of issue.  I have a Samsung phone - Android os.  After my first post, my phone started to echo.  Anyone I called would get a severe echoing to the point they could barely hear me.  I searched for a fix on Google and changed a setting under Accessibility > Hearing > Hearing Aids.  Once I turned this off, the echo was gone but also all my dropped calls!  I'm not sure how this would be related and maybe it's a coincidence but I've had no dropped calls since. 

babinni
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So far my contacting mods and asking for reprovisioning has yielded nothing. 2 weeks later -  No answer that I can see.   I believe it gave me a ticket but of course it was on the site and I didn’t capture it. 

And I notice questions about hardware and service providers for other party.

if it matters - I’m not convinced it does- I have an iPhone 6+ -In one case the other party has Samsung 8/Rogers and other is iPhone 6s/ Fido and yet another is Samsung / public mobile.  Or tongo tel as we now call it. I’m throwing in the towel. This service sucks. If anyone at P M is interested please message me. Or mods can you return my message pls. 

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Babinni have you clicked on the envelope icon at the top right corner to view your messages?

Need Help? Let's chat.