cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped Calls

dmbcanada
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My wife and I are having issues with our service.    We have both been on calls the last few days that have been over an hour and our calls are being disconnected automatically.   In my call I called back the other party and they were unable to hear me.  Really frustrating since my wife was on hold with her financial institution for an hour and when it was her turn her call ended.

58 REPLIES 58

@updatehelenasap I suggest you try your SIM card in another phone, to rule out your phone. Try calls on the other phone for a few days and see if you experience any difference in call stability.

I don't doubt your experiences, and I don't know why it's happening. But it doesn't seem to be consistent across the board.

@sheytoon  I've had many and many others here complain about this particularly lately with 811 and other gov. sites.....do you have any insight?

I've never had a dropped call because it was too long. I've had 3 hour conference calls without drops.

@updatehelenasap

Contact the moderators again and have them create a ticket for the tech team to Look into the problem. Calls should not be dropped after 5 minutes. After 90 or 120 minutes is normal unfortunately to assure its not accidently left connected as I've experienced that issue. Your account needs reprovisioning at the very least.

updatehelenasap
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been a user since Dec 15, 2018 and I have been getting dropped calls, not receiving important calls for the last 1.5 years.  I wrote to moderator team and they wrote me a message saying how they have noticed dropped calls with $15 users.  I was using the most expensive one at that time $40-45 for 2 gb 4G.  I stayed with PM since I don't use phones or data that much, but it does get frustrating with after 1 hr of wait time with banks, calls drop on you.  Before calls dropped after 2hr point, but today, it dropped about 5 minutes.  Receiving calls not getting through today from my employer was when I thought, I really need to look at other phone companies.  Just insane.  

@Fergmyster  No this is online service only. Due to recent events you may experience more dropped calls than usual. If you are on a long phone call you may have the call dropped after more than 90 minutes.

Try rebooting your phone and/or turn airplane mode on. Wait 5 min. Turn airplane mode off. This will disconnect and then reestablish a better connection to the network.If it continues to occur frequently then contact the moderators to look into your account for an issue causing it.

Fergmyster
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New to Public Mobile.  The odd time I am right in the middle of a call, it gets dropped. It says no service on my phone.  Is there a phone number to talk to an actual person. Thanks Rob

@ShawnC13  I hoping its just bad luck but im resigned to the fact it might not be...thus the good credit card with the insurance. But I'll definitely be happy to see the back side of 2019. I've certainly had much better years. The highlight of 2019 is discovering public mobile that's for darn sure!

@darlicious wrote:

@babinni  It happens...the bf lost his phone but we managed to get it back....hopelessly smashed. But saved the SIM card. Then he lost my back up flip phone but we found that the next day in the bushes by the grocery store. Then a few weeks later lost the cheap replacement to my flip phone (so i could keep it safe) and his wallet.  He managed to find that one where he wiped out on his bike but the wallet and my credit card were long gone! Luckily the new phone santa brought him was bought with a credit card with device protection insurance.

@darlicious, wow is this just a string of badluck or is your BF prone to this.  Sounds like a very tough little while for him.  Hope the New Year will bring better luck to him

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@babinni  It happens...the bf lost his phone but we managed to get it back....hopelessly smashed. But saved the SIM card. Then he lost my back up flip phone but we found that the next day in the bushes by the grocery store. Then a few weeks later lost the cheap replacement to my flip phone (so i could keep it safe) and his wallet.  He managed to find that one where he wiped out on his bike but the wallet and my credit card were long gone! Luckily the new phone santa brought him was bought with a credit card with device protection insurance.

babinni

thanks, yes, got a new one, just didnt really need the expense right now..... oh well.  i deactivated,  and just reactivated my original phone in case someone was trying to contact me, unfrtuantely i cant remember my VM password to retrieve messages.  apparently  I cant be trusted with a phone. 

Sadly, I'm still having this issue. Calls gets dropped at 59 minutes.  I'm still trying to figure out of this is a bug or if it's a voice fair usage policy in effect. This kind of reminds me of way back when customers on LTE plans could never get more than about 60 to 70Mbps speeds no matter what. Months later, that just almost magically fixed itself.

@babinni  Oh bummer! But you got a new one on boxing day there could be worse times to get a new phone. You reported it lost/stolen in your account? Got your new sim card and changed it in your account? You can also blacklist it if youve had no luck getting anyone to answer or return it. Lets see if the dropped call issue persists...the moderators can get the techs to look into your account to see what may be causing it. I get dropped calls too if they are over an hour but not enough to get it fixed...yet.

babinni

had a  iphone 6 plus (until dec 24th when it was lost/stolen while shopping.)

-just bought a new iphone x today, 

@babinni  What type of phone do you have? Brand? Model? Year? My bf was having issues with his Samsung 7. There were a few things that helped with its echo and static...

babinni

I checked and there’s no messages -aside from the 2 from a year ago.  If there was a message relating to a ticket wouldn’t it show there?    Anyway. If it disappears after no response then that certainly may have happened. I thought it would notify of a response me via email.  Anyway thanks, I’ll submit again. It’s not only dropped calls. But also  static/gaps through out conversations.   Rarely is any call issue- free. It’s always something.  

For the last month or so, I'm noticing repeated drop calls at exactly 59 minutes.

@babinni  If you filled out a service ticket two weeks ago and there has been no response either way (In case you had a message and didn't see it.) That ticket would be closed by now. I believe service requests are closed after 48 hours with no response. Open a new service ticket  by clicking on the (?) at the bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon explaining your issue to the moderators. Keep a close eye on your private message box at the top right corner of your screen. Responding promptly to messages from the moderators improves service time. It is the holiday season so be patient with the tech department once they get work on what is causing your dropped call issues. I understand how frustrating dropped calls can be especially on important calls or when you've been on hold forever and it drops just when you reach a human. I experience the same issue occasionally on longer conversations luckily that's usually with my mom so it's no big deal to call her back.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Babinni have you clicked on the envelope icon at the top right corner to view your messages?

babinni

So far my contacting mods and asking for reprovisioning has yielded nothing. 2 weeks later -  No answer that I can see.   I believe it gave me a ticket but of course it was on the site and I didn’t capture it. 

And I notice questions about hardware and service providers for other party.

if it matters - I’m not convinced it does- I have an iPhone 6+ -In one case the other party has Samsung 8/Rogers and other is iPhone 6s/ Fido and yet another is Samsung / public mobile.  Or tongo tel as we now call it. I’m throwing in the towel. This service sucks. If anyone at P M is interested please message me. Or mods can you return my message pls. 

Get52Shorty
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I previously replied to this message having the same kind of issue.  I have a Samsung phone - Android os.  After my first post, my phone started to echo.  Anyone I called would get a severe echoing to the point they could barely hear me.  I searched for a fix on Google and changed a setting under Accessibility > Hearing > Hearing Aids.  Once I turned this off, the echo was gone but also all my dropped calls!  I'm not sure how this would be related and maybe it's a coincidence but I've had no dropped calls since. 

@sm2016You need to contact the moderators directly by clicking on the ? on the lower right hand corner and type in rep. Moderators don't always scan tags on this forum, especially during busy season and where things like account verification is required.

sm2016
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CS_Agent Please re-provision my account and message me for details on the other account I need reprovisioning on

@sm2016 my suggestion would be to ask the moderators to re-provision your account.

sm2016

@srlawren Please do let me know if you find it... 

@iPhoneUser

I have been unable to identify a pattern, but it is not consisent. I can call the same person 10 times, and the delay might only happen 3 times

iPhoneUser

@sm2016 wrote:

@sheytoon @srlawren 

It's happening everywhere. I've experience this problem in multiple areas around Vancouver, Richmond, and Surrey.

Probably related to the problem: Occasionally when making outbound calls, it can take up to a minute before the phone even starts ringing.

Keep in mind that it is not just my account, the two phones I mentioned are on two separate accounts.

By any chance does it have anything to do with who you are calling and what carrier they are on? I find a ring delay when calling brother in Nanaimo on Rogers and I am in Maple Ridge. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sm2016 interesting.  I'm in those same 3 cities pretty much daily and don't have that issue.  I would be inclined to think it might be a hardware issue except that you're having it happen on two different phones.  Something is ringing a bell for me that someone with a pair of iPhones posted about this happening to them a while back and they had to change a setting on their devices to get it to stop, but I can't for the life of me remember the details unfortunately.  Does anyone seeing this happen to remember?  😞

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sm2016

@sheytoon @srlawren 

It's happening everywhere. I've experience this problem in multiple areas around Vancouver, Richmond, and Surrey.

Probably related to the problem: Occasionally when making outbound calls, it can take up to a minute before the phone even starts ringing.

Keep in mind that it is not just my account, the two phones I mentioned are on two separate accounts.

If the drops are happening in only a specific location, it might be a coverage issue with a site.

If it's happening everywhere, it could be the provisioning or other issues in the core network.

Need Help? Let's chat.