cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop calls

kayla87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am dropping calls all the time. I cannot get thru one conversation. I’ve had it happen 8 times in the span of 1 hour. When this happened I am in a full service area so Im not losing service. I did things that google suggested such as resetting network settings, airplane mode, checked SIM card, etc. But it’s still constantly happening. I read on here that someone had a problem during activation where something didn’t get completed on public mobile side and that fixed her problem. I’m wondering if I have the same problem. Please help because next time it may be a very important phone call I’m on. 

13 REPLIES 13

Tippietoes

Did you get a fix? I had someone contact me from public mobile kiosk in my area however they are unable to do anything for me and Said I need to again contact a moderator .

when I contacted telus for my husband cell phone as he is having signal problems in our home as well they said that yes there is a red flag in our area but there is no plan to boost signal or fix it at this point in time. 

Tippietoes

I have been constantly dropping calls and not receiving all calls in the past 2 months on a daily basis. I have a brand new iPhone and service bar is always at medium strength. Reset network several times and checked sim all are working fine. I believe I am located close to service boundary line. I need my phone to work at all times. There's no landline at my home any more and what if there's an emergency. This is ridiculous how often it's happening. I require service boost and technical support for area T6M 0G5

MeganBeaton1

I am having the same issues. I ve messaged the moderators so fingers crossed there is an easy fix.

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The self-serve options won't be able to help, but maybe a mod can (link).

Be sure to include the following:

- details of each dropped call

(when & where)

- your name

- your account number

- your phone number

Good Luck!

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Bc2planker wrote:

Also experiencing this frequently over the past week. Happening on both my phone and wife’s phones. Happening in multiple cities, always with almost full signal bars showing. Both phones are less than six months old iPhones. 

Been with PM since October, no issues until this past week. 

Will PM a moderator. 

Same here. Wrote the modes and they got engineering to open a case. Will let you know if I hear anything.

Bc2planker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Also experiencing this frequently over the past week. Happening on both my phone and wife’s phones. Happening in multiple cities, always with almost full signal bars showing. Both phones are less than six months old iPhones. 

Been with PM since October, no issues until this past week. 

Will PM a moderator. 

Bleu7

@kayla87 wrote:

Yes I’ve tried troubleshooting. Still happening. 

Same thing for me.

kayla87

Yes I’ve tried troubleshooting. Still happening. 

TheOldVR

Have you done any troubleshooting?

- checked network signal?

- tried sim in another phone?

- checked network coverage/outage map?

- verified that calls are dropping for multiple contacts?

- etc?

Cool if you did, if not would be worth getting started b4 talking to a MOD.

Pizzaeh

@kayla87 @Bleu7 @Darzee @jprevost276 You will need to send a message to the moderators. Reading more and more posts about this.  Click here to send them a private message to explain the problem and provide details.

Response time is within 48 hours. 

Moderator hours:

Weekdays 8am to 12am (Eastern time), Weekends 8am to 10pm (Eastern time)

Bleu7

During the last days I had many dropped calls where the signal is very good. I'm in Quebec. 

Darzee

I just ported by number over from Bell and in a 25 minute coonversation the call was dropped 6 times. In another 5 minute call it was dropped twice. This is not looking good! 

jprevost276

I'm also experiencing this. Daily. and it's making wanting to stick with this provider increasingly difficult.
I questioned it being the age of my phone, but if it's a known issue - hoping that they can fix it. I'm in the SW, calls didn't drop when I was downtown. But when I'm home I'm lucky to get 30 seconds before it drops.

Need Help? Let's chat.