cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Calls

JPM1988
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have been have a lot of dropped calls recently, can anyone help me?

9 REPLIES 9

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Luddite wrote:

@Alan_K Please review this thread and provide PM´s official view on the suggestion from the tech departmemt to resolve calling issues by switching to Koodo.

This doesn't reflect our official view and shouldn't be what our support people are saying-

@PlanShopper If you can send me more details about your support interaction via PM, I can follow up on this matter (i.e. Account number the issue was about, date you spoke, etc.) 

@Alan_K Please review this thread and provide PM´s official view on the suggestion from the tech departmemt to resolve calling issues by switching to Koodo.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@PlanShopper wrote:

@computergeek541

It seems that support is telling anyone who has escalated issues to go to Koodo, myself included.  It makes PM seem shady as it looks like it's just a feeder brand to get people to higher paying services after screwing them on service once they're recruited.

I can talk all day long between PM lines, but the second I call outside the PM network...boom, calls dropping like made.  Literally dropping 20 times in a 15 minute period.  I eventually give up and just send a FB message to the people telling them that I'll call later.

Even more, I am 99.999999% certain that this is a PM issue.  I have a work Blackberry Leap on Bell and my personal Google Pixel on PM.  I was literally on both phones at the same time when this was happened.  The Bell phone was on a conference call for 16 hours straight every day for nearly a week (no joke), and I was regularly making calls on my PM phone while the conference was on mute.  PM was dropping left right and center, Bell(work phone), stayed conneced the whole way through without batting an eye.  Never once dropped throughout the week.

I had so much information documented and details for the techs, but they seemed to care about none of it.  They only wanted to convince me that my hardware was at fault (across 5 devices in 2 completely different regions of Ontario) and telling me to switch to Koodo.  Had they only invested that much effort into troubleshooting, we may not have a widespread issue now....

I'll ask Public Mobile about support advising customers to switch to another brand, and to see if I can find out anything about the situation.

PlanShopper

@computergeek541

It seems that support is telling anyone who has escalated issues to go to Koodo, myself included.  It makes PM seem shady as it looks like it's just a feeder brand to get people to higher paying services after screwing them on service once they're recruited.

I can talk all day long between PM lines, but the second I call outside the PM network...boom, calls dropping like made.  Literally dropping 20 times in a 15 minute period.  I eventually give up and just send a FB message to the people telling them that I'll call later.

Even more, I am 99.999999% certain that this is a PM issue.  I have a work Blackberry Leap on Bell and my personal Google Pixel on PM.  I was literally on both phones at the same time when this was happened.  The Bell phone was on a conference call for 16 hours straight every day for nearly a week (no joke), and I was regularly making calls on my PM phone while the conference was on mute.  PM was dropping left right and center, Bell(work phone), stayed conneced the whole way through without batting an eye.  Never once dropped throughout the week.

I had so much information documented and details for the techs, but they seemed to care about none of it.  They only wanted to convince me that my hardware was at fault (across 5 devices in 2 completely different regions of Ontario) and telling me to switch to Koodo.  Had they only invested that much effort into troubleshooting, we may not have a widespread issue now....

PlanShopper

Lucky Mobile is looking awfully tempting at this point - Same prices, Better Service (Network and Support -  I talked to 2 people on the phone tonight).  That way, when I leave, it will not be to any Telus brand, and since I'll be on a Bell service using Bell towers, my calls probably won't drop.  Transferring 5 lines away from "Telus" won't hurt PM or Telus, but over time it probably will.  I also have 3 friends that came to PM through me, so I'll be sending them the news about Lucky.  That's 8 subscribers from a single person, and I'm sure I'm far from the highest referrer.

PM seems to have way too many issues with deleting people's plans, network issues, activation issues, account management page breakdowns, calls dropping etc.  It's honestly so much worse than I ever imagined it could be.

@black-knight wrote:

Same happening to 3 lines of mine for 3 weeks. Techs say 💭 go to koodo that is not answer. It can be fixed by they choose not to . So I guess we have to change as no one cares whether we stay or not. Koodo is not our only choice there are others. Every carrier has a budget carrier so we all have to look their. 

If that is what the tehcnical department is telling people, we have an issue that needs to be corrected, and I'm not actually speaking about network issues, but rather a customer service issue.

black-knight
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same happening to 3 lines of mine for 3 weeks. Techs say 💭 go to koodo that is not answer. It can be fixed by they choose not to . So I guess we have to change as no one cares whether we stay or not. Koodo is not our only choice there are others. Every carrier has a budget carrier so we all have to look their. 

PlanShopper

I have 5 accounts on PM, and about 2 weeks ago calls started dropping like crazy on all 5 lines.  I documented every drop to outline if it was inbound or outbound, who the connected parties were, time of day and start stop times.  Because it was happening so much, I submitted a ticket.  A week later, Level 1 Tech support called me and said they saw abunchg of dropped calls and were going to escalate it to Level 2.  2 or the more days go by and level 3 calls.  Have the same conversation, but the L2 guy says that the L1 guy misread congestion for dropped calls or something like that and he sees no dropped calls at all.  He said there is some congestion, but since that's not what the ticket was raised for, they can't send it off.  He then exoplained that as 5G becomes more popular, they're going to harvest frequency space from 3G to supply 4G/5G.  So, the problem may get worse.  He suggested that if it continues, I should consider switching to Koodo to get access to LTE calling instead of 3G only and voLTE.

So, I've been monitoring it and it seems to have reduced.  I would recommend making sure your phone is up to date.  Reboot it to ensure no updates are pending or any weird radio issues are occurring and monitor it from there.  If it continues, submit a ticket and maybe you are genuinely getting disconnects.

I wasn't happy with the "resolution" but I guess you get what you ay for with budget service...It may or may not work, and if it doesn't, you can always go to Koodo (as recommended by the techs).

Best of luck!

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Not happening here but dropped calls do occur over the cellular network even today. Is it happening more frequently? Where are you located and what type of device are you using?

Need Help? Let's chat.