Drop Calls every after 57 minutes

ronjo_2004
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Calls always drop after it reached 57 minutes? 3x 

Calls have limit?

14 REPLIES 14

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update: I just had a 1 hr + call with family and the call didn't drop. Looks like the fix is good, so when engineering checks in tomorrow, I'll say it's good from my end. @ronjo_2004 have you seen any recurrence of this call drop issue?

mh1983

@ronjo_2004  I got a reply from the support engineer. They claim they found the issue and calls shouldn't be dropping now. I haven't been on a 50+ minute call so haven't confirmed yet, but just wanted to let you and everyone know.

ronjo_2004

I agree with mh1983. I tried to reboot the phone after the 2nd call. the 3rd call drop after reaching 57 minutes. I used the other network sim on the same phone made a  call and it did not drop at 57 minutes. and the call lasted almost 2 hours. I contacted the moderator because i tried options and the only option that worked is using another sim. 

mh1983

@Bell3 wrote:

Your experience is strange and check your device. Were you calling the same phone number 3 times? If yes, possibly the receiving person could have bad connection or other issues. Before you connect with moderator team, try to eliminate other possibilities including your phone reception. 

In my case, I called two different numbers at two completely different times during the day. After the first drop, I rebooted my phone, and the second drop happened at the exact same call duration.

I agree with ruling out things, but I don't think it's the device/reception -- at least it wasn't in my case. Back in May, this issue was happening, too, and it was a carrier-side network issue.

These 2 threads have been merged.

Bell3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Your experience is strange and check your device. Were you calling the same phone number 3 times? If yes, possibly the receiving person could have bad connection or other issues. Before you connect with moderator team, try to eliminate other possibilities including your phone reception. 

ronjo_2004

Thanks for the info

mh1983

It happened to me a few days ago, roughly at the 53 min mark. It happened twice. See my thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Dropped-calls-yesterday/m-p/393861#M94136

I wrote the moderators and got some generic advice, but I mentioned it happened more than once. Afterwards, they opened a ticket and said it could take 72 hours for a reply.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ronjo_2004 wrote:

Calls have limit?

@ronjo_2004 PM does not have a time limit. Is it always the same number on the other end? Maybe they have a time limit. If it's different numbers best to contact PM so they can take a look to make sure the issue isn't with how your account has been provisioned.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So calls should be unlimited. send message to the moderators with your problem.

ronjo_2004

My Plan is 40$. 

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Depends what plan you have.

ronjo_2004

Calls have limit?

Anyone experience this issue

Need Help? Let's chat.