cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Dippiing

HomeWatchCanada
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Used up minutes within month on my $15 month plan. Had over $23 somethiing credit in account. Texted me there was just 10 minutes on my account left. Rushed to store put iin $10

then next day all my texting stops, no voice mail and phoning in my own town Vancouver telephone says I do not have a long distance plan so calls cannot be made??????? Say what?

Told me to add Long Distance Add On for another $8 dollars!!!! Taken then from my balance in account. What the H is going on Public Mobile. Looks like Double Dipping or a screwed up system. You owe me $8 at the least. My plan has 100 Canada Wide minutes supposedly.

but system said my plan did not include Long Diistance. What is the difference?

10 REPLIES 10

Top up values are without taxes, but taxes are always applied at time of purchase.  That’s just how it works.

Unless you can show me a plan somewhere in Canada non Public Mobile where the after tax calme is an even dollar amount, it’s highly unlikely taxes are a factor here.

In Ontario, a $10 top up is $11,30 whether by credit card, visa debit, master card or cash purchase for a voucher.

@stonechucker wrote:

Well, if this is the case, the #23-$8 = #15, which should still be available for activation.

@HomeWatchCanada , do you see an option to reactivate your plan?

I'm not 100% sure how all the different top ups work...they generally charge the tax on top of the amount to be applied to the account. ($10 onto the account would be in bc $11.20 at the till.) But when purchased with a credit card on the account it is $11.20.) Neither here or nor there til @HomeWatchCanada further explains his situation.

Well, if this is the case, the #23-$8 = #15, which should still be available for activation.

@HomeWatchCanada , do you see an option to reactivate your plan?

@stonechucker wrote:

@darlicious, this doesn’t sound like a renewal issue at all.  the user simply ran out of minutes and added the $8 plan, after topping up a $10 or $15 value.

As stated above, simply adding does not reactivate a plan or purchase an addon. These both require a load of funds (if not available in other means) and then a selection of activation.

@HomeWatchCanada , public Mobile is not charging you anything more.  When you add funds, the money sits in an available balance to then select plan or addons to purchase.  The system is doing nothing wrong, you.are just not aware of all the required steps here.  The easiest way to think of it is, add money first, then select what you wish to add/do.

@stonechucker  The reason I surmised there may be a renewal issue is @HomeWatchCanada  complained that he lost texting and voicemail the next day. It sounded like after adding the $8 add on he shorted his account for renewal and subsequently had his service suspended resulting in the loss of his texting and voicemail. (And incoming calling? Not stated) I could be wrong but if he only lost outgoing minutes why would his other services be affected?

@darlicious, this doesn’t sound like a renewal issue at all.  the user simply ran out of minutes and added the $8 plan, after topping up a $10 or $15 value.

As stated above, simply adding does not reactivate a plan or purchase an addon. These both require a load of funds (if not available in other means) and then a selection of activation.

@HomeWatchCanada , public Mobile is not charging you anything more.  When you add funds, the money sits in an available balance to then select plan or addons to purchase.  The system is doing nothing wrong, you.are just not aware of all the required steps here.  The easiest way to think of it is, add money first, then select what you wish to add/do.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HomeWatchCanada wrote:

Used up minutes within month on my $15 month plan. Had over $23 somethiing credit in account. Texted me there was just 10 minutes on my account left. Rushed to store put iin $10

then next day all my texting stops, no voice mail and phoning in my own town Vancouver telephone says I do not have a long distance plan so calls cannot be made??????? Say what?

Told me to add Long Distance Add On for another $8 dollars!!!! Taken then from my balance in account. What the H is going on Public Mobile. Looks like Double Dipping or a screwed up system. You owe me $8 at the least. My plan has 100 Canada Wide minutes supposedly.

It seems you have possibly 2 issues....1. Plan allotment of 100 min almost used up. PM notified you at 90% of plan used. 90/100min. At that point because you stated you had a balance of $23 You had 3 choices : 1. Log in to your account, go to plans and add ons, choose either the $5 /500min Canada-wide long distance or the $8/200min US+limited international long distance,

Submit choice and $amount deducted from your available balance. 2. Change your plan immeadiately, choose a different plan like the unlimited text/calling $25 plan, you would need to top up your account $2 ($23+2=$25)to make this choice. Access the change plans option , choose and submit via change now /immeadiately. 3. Renew same $15 plan now....this requires the help of

a moderator so not very immeadiate as it's up to 48 hrs for help. 

Your second issue appears that you ran out of minutes on your renewal date. Which is why you lost all services the next day. If you had at least $15 as a balance renewal should have occurred without interruption of service. However payment glitches do happen. Making any changes, purchases and top ups should be done once you have cleared your browser/cache and in secret/incognito mode. Also don't rush or double click in your account it can trigger glitches...be patient. If you are still without service and are unable to submit payment or change, buy or renew thru 611 you must contact a moderator via Simon (?) While you wait review plans and add ons to see what suits your needs. Once in contact with mod you can ask for a credit if $8 add on was a mistake. Once yo submit a ticket  : write down the ref#, follow up with a private msg quoting ref# with details of your issue and also include your acct #, pin, email of acct, and phone number. The mod can access your acct , assess the situation, make changes (like activate a locked out account etc...) or credit it before contact or waiting for your response if you request is detailed. Otherwise you may just need to activate your plan or use the tricks in many solutions offered here to kick start your account...reboot phone, lost/stolen, $1 manual top up...search for them. Good luck.

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Long Distance Add-On are used to make local or long distance calls when you have used all your plan minutes.

You should buy 500 min Canada add-on. They will be use before your 200 US minutes to call Canada. Than your 200 US minutes will be used to call US.

Add-on never expire until all used up. (Any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.)

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I find the 500 min addon is better value for $5 with the limited talk plans 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HomeWatchCanada wrote:

This isn't a pay-as-you-go service. Just adding money into the account doesn't do anything immediately. The money will be used at renewal time. You can use the money to buy add-ons. You can use the money to change plans immediately. You can use the money to ask the moderators to renew early. But you have to *do* something. Nothing just happens on its own until renewal.

Does your account say Active in the self-serve? Or if you call 611 does it ask for money right away? Do you have autopay on?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@HomeWatchCanada  after you have no minutes left you can't talk anymore and you have to add an add on to keep talking.  It's not just about putting another 15$ on your plan.  The 8$ add on you purchased gives you 200 more minutes that will keep rolling over until all used up.  When your month is over then you'll pay the 15$ to renew the monthly plan. You should also buy the 5$  500 Canada wide minute add on  because its cheaper than the 8$ add  and as far as I know it's still available! 

Need Help? Let's chat.