cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does unused data rollover?

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Does my data rollover to the next month? And what about the add on data?

5 REPLIES 5

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dna2016 wrote:

@jonfirlotte definitely a great question.  Data that is part of your actual base plan is only valid during the existing cycle/month,and then automatically resets the next cycle/month.  So if you're on a base plan that offers 1GB per month, then every month regardless if you use it up or not, the system will re-set the data back to 1GB.

If you purchase additional data from the add-on menu, lets say 1GB, then if you don;t use up this data in the given month/cycle then whatever is remaining will get carried over to the next month/cycle.  You'll see in you My Account how much data is remaining from your base plan and from your add-on separately.  Keep in mind if you have both a base plan and an add-on, then the add-on is what will get used first.

Everything is correct until the last sentence. Data in your Plan will always get used first and then the add on data will kick in after your plan data has been used. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dna2016 wrote:

@jonfirlotte definitely a great question.  Data that is part of your actual base plan is only valid during the existing cycle/month,and then automatically resets the next cycle/month.  So if you're on a base plan that offers 1GB per month, then every month regardless if you use it up or not, the system will re-set the data back to 1GB.

If you purchase additional data from the add-on menu, lets say 1GB, then if you don;t use up this data in the given month/cycle then whatever is remaining will get carried over to the next month/cycle.  You'll see in you My Account how much data is remaining from your base plan and from your add-on separately.  Keep in mind if you have both a base plan and an add-on, then the add-on is what will get used first.

Nice all the way to the last sentence. Nope. The add-on will step back and the renewed plan feature will start again.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Unused data in your plan will expire after renewal.  In Canada Add-Ons, any unused data or minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jonfirlotte wrote:

Does my data rollover to the next month? And what about the add on data?

Data included in a plan does not.

Add on data stays with you potentially forever, until consumed.

Need Help? Let's chat.