cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does setting up Voicemail via cellphone costs minutes

Zeke_ster
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Trying to set up my voice mail via landline and get the message must use cell phone to setup voicemail.  Will this cost minutes?  I am on currently on  the $15 - 100 minute talk, ultd text, 250mb data plan.

8 REPLIES 8

grandie

This is not helpful, need the procedures not just that you did them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chrisbasm wrote:

@Zeke_ster wrote:

Any reason why one can't setup their voicemail via landline?

As I mentioned previously, I was able to do it from a landline.  I might have had to do a voicemail password reset (from the self serve portal first), but it definitely worked.

Not just might...that IS the workaround. Then you can what you need to do for the initial VM setup.

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Zeke_ster wrote:

As I mentioned previously, I was able to do it from a landline.  I might have had to do a voicemail password reset (from the self serve portal first), but it definitely worked.

@Zeke_ster The first time you set it up you need to connect with the phone registered to the PM number that will be associated with the voice mail number.

Zeke_ster

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Zeke_ster , I suggest you take a look at this knowledge base article.  It explains in detail what calling activities result in chargeable minutes for the limited usage plan.  Voice mail is one of them.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Plans-amp-Add-Ons/ta-p/250167

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Zeke_ster  - Yes it will use minutes.  Do it from a lnadline instead.  Just call your number, and then press * (I think...).  I was able to do it myself.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Zeke_ster wrote:

Trying to set up my voice mail via landline and get the message must use cell phone to setup voicemail.  Will this cost minutes?  I am on currently on  the $15 - 100 minute talk, ultd text, 250mb data plan.

Yes it will cost minutes. But you can begin with your phone and after you can continue with a landline phone...

Need Help? Let's chat.