cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Does my data carry over after 30 days with a 90-day plan?

No you cannot use data after 90 days instead you can recharge for less data and if not sufficient you can use Add-on 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans#add-ons

No you cannot use data after 90 days instead you can recharge for 9GB data and if not sufficient you can use Add-on 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans#add-ons

Mayor / Maire

@marsbar it's funny people point to Australia as being a "model" for us yet Aussie pricing kinda sucks... and they have less network coverage than us... and slower 4G speeds... and they charge way more for a prepay SIM card... and even BYOD plans require 12 month contracts with penalties/minimum top ups... and global txt is always an extra charge... and ONLY SMS is included, MMS is extra charge... and Australia happily violates Net Neutrality... and 1 carrier has 29 day expiry dates, another carrier has 35 day expiry dates, hope you pay attention before SIM deactivates... I mean *really* is that what Canadians want???

Telstra starts at $30 for 2.5GB

Optus starts at $30 for 3GB

Vodafone is just weird pricing so I think I am misreading something. Either that or selling at a loss since they want to gain market share. $40 for 9GB? With a temporary 50% discount. (Although they are the ONLY cell carrier not to list clearly the terms which makes me suspicious there is something buried in there)

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

thank you so much! I actually misunderstood of my 90 days plan. Good thing I read your post, that way I don't use all my data in a month. LOL!

But if I do have some data left after 90 days cycle, will it be carry over to my next 90 days or not? I can't find an answer.

@fsm7268 no, it doesn’t carry over after the 90 days

thank you. good to know.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

But your add-ons WILL carry over. Any add-on minutes or data that you buy will be available until you use them up.

GC

Add install is the way to go- just get the $10 plan and add on extras. For example for only $8 one can add on 200 long distance minutes and for $10 you would get 200 Mb of data that do roll over until of course they are all used up. It’s a great feature and money saving deal. 

Is the total accumulation of data spread over the 90 days (the rollover) the main reason someone would get a 90 day plan vs a 30 day plan? Or is there a better reason why they would?

I just see the 90 day plan as an opportunity to use more data at one point in time without being charged extra for going over a lower limit

Thank you! 

Oracle

@dtran3 wrote:

Is the total accumulation of data spread over the 90 days (the rollover) the main reason someone would get a 90 day plan vs a 30 day plan? Or is there a better reason why they would?

I just see the 90 day plan as an opportunity to use more data at one point in time without being charged extra for going over a lower limit

Thank you! 

The flexibiltiy in the usage of the data is the main perk now.  There used to be a smaill financial incentive to picking a 90 day plan that is all but gone now for most plans.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *