cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Does my data carry over after 30 days with a 90-day plan?

I figure they have 6GB for 30 days why not 18GB for 90 days. I'm happy with 4GB for 90 days Smiley Happy
Mayor / Maire

I never had any issues with my data so far. I am very proactive in my data consumption, hense why telecommunications arts is a specialty. Every now and then, maybe a spicy databall might show and interfere, that happens occasionally, but nothing that Dr. @Jeremy_M can't cure

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well if you think of it. Just this site alone browsing i used up 22MB using opera browser with data savings turned on and with Onavo data saver turned on with images set to low.

You dont use data that much because we as Canadians are geting Price gouged

"gouging is a pejorative term referring to when a seller spikes the prices of goods, services or commodities to a level much higher than is considered reasonable or fair, and is considered exploitative, potentially to an unethical extent "

Its been proven that we pay more. And thats why the carriers say that we dont use that much data.

If we where not priced gouged then we would be using more.

And this was the main reason why Wind Mobile came out then Public Mobile (Then telus buys it and f's it up) and Mobilicity.

Why do you think most apps are made to use Internet? Its because humans outside of canada can afford data because they are not gouged.

3GB Data right now with wind is 10.00 for 3 GB with PM your paying 90.00 at 30 x 3

Oracle

I don't think anyone's saying Canada doesn't have terrible data rates.
Mayor / Maire

We may pay more, no doubt.

But, look at Canada, size, and we the Public ppl populating it. Loot at US, and pop size. Hense, we'll have to live with price difference a bit here and there.

Unlike, um, Tarzhay that promised the world and all we got was a plastic bag saying, Hi Canada, my name is Target, and I have awesome deals for you.

What gets me is that why does Wind have to wait to buy towers across Canada?  The towers are not owned by the big 3. The towers are owned by all who paid the False/Misleading/Deceptive Advertising of the SAF/GRRF that users paid when the big 3 was charging the SAF System Access Fee. And the big 3 said that it was a manatory fee that the government Charged and finally the government said wait a minute this fee was never going to the government. Then guess who had to pay the fee for the big 3 to recover from when the goverment slamed a fee on them to pay up? The users again by the big 3 charging the GRRF Government Regulatory Recovery. So technically I say as a person who owns the towers to Telus give Wind Mobile Full Unrestricted access to all your towers Canada wide for free.

Oracle

Lol

Oh and right now I'm with Fido waiting for my PM Sim. If wind was in my area I'd switch in a heartbeat to wind. And I guess thats why the big 3 refused to allow Wind to use their or should i say Our towers. Because they know Wind hurt their bottom line.

Well im sorry Rebelus when wind is Canada wide you can say good bye to 75-90 % of your consumers.
Oracle

I switched from Fido and I'm extremely happy with PM's service. I'd consider Wind if they had service in my area.

Wow. Where do I even begin to point out all the flaws in this analysis? I have to try, though. Here goes...

(1) The 6GB 30 day plan costs $80 and not $102.

(2) 4GB 90 day plan costs $75 and not $216.

(3) 90 day plans are NOT monthly. If you buy 4GB data as part of a 90 day plan, you get to use 4GB over 90 days and not 12GB.

(4) All data sessions are rounded industry wide. In fact not just for data consumption, but for absolutely ANYTHING there has to be a minimum unit of any commodity you measure. Whether it's a grain of salt or camels, there are always minimum units that are not divisible. Now, whether these data sessions are rounded by the 10 kb or 1 kb is what you're likely protesting, and you're welcome to do so. Personally, I don't see how it makes much of a difference at all. How many separate data sessions would you have on a given day anyway, for the extra kbs to add up to anything? But if you want to complain that you're getting 0.5% less data than you deserve as a result of this rounding, you're welcome to create noise about that. It's hardly illegal or even unethical though, and calling it such just calls your motives into question.

(5) You're not under any compulsion to buy PM service. If you think it's overpriced or the pricing structure is not to your liking for whatever reason, please don't sign up! This community is composed of thousands of PM users (myself included), some of whom have been with the company happily for years.

Well from what I picked I got 102.

Plan Length: 30 Days - Unlimited Talk: Canada Wide - Unlimited Text3: International - Data4: 6GB - $117 Plan Costs - $15 Discount = $102 Total (+ tax)