cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does my data carry over after 30 days with a 90-day plan?

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Think about it like this; your data is available for the duration of your plan cycle (10/30/90 days). If you purchase a 4GB Data option on a 90-day plan, you will have 90 days to use it. If you’re on a 30-day plan, your data will only last for 30 days and any unused data will not be carried over into the next 30 day period. It’s the same for the 10-day plan; your unused data will expire when your 10 days are complete.

Just so you know, if you purchase an Add-on, it rolls over until it’s all used up.

100 REPLIES 100

@dtran3 wrote:

Is the total accumulation of data spread over the 90 days (the rollover) the main reason someone would get a 90 day plan vs a 30 day plan? Or is there a better reason why they would?

I just see the 90 day plan as an opportunity to use more data at one point in time without being charged extra for going over a lower limit

Thank you! 

Yes, of course it is (data lasting the entire 90 days). That's the very reason Public calls it a 90 day plan.  On a side note, I believe a lot of the confusion has to do with the way Public Mobile sometimes tries to market these plans in 30-day equivalent pricing.

@dtran3 wrote:

Is the total accumulation of data spread over the 90 days (the rollover) the main reason someone would get a 90 day plan vs a 30 day plan? Or is there a better reason why they would?

I just see the 90 day plan as an opportunity to use more data at one point in time without being charged extra for going over a lower limit

Thank you! 

The flexibiltiy in the usage of the data is the main perk now.  There used to be a smaill financial incentive to picking a 90 day plan that is all but gone now for most plans.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dtran3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you! 

ohitora
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Add install is the way to go- just get the $10 plan and add on extras. For example for only $8 one can add on 200 long distance minutes and for $10 you would get 200 Mb of data that do roll over until of course they are all used up. It’s a great feature and money saving deal. 

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

But your add-ons WILL carry over. Any add-on minutes or data that you buy will be available until you use them up.

GC

fsm7268

thank you. good to know.

zmawani

@fsm7268 no, it doesn’t carry over after the 90 days

fsm7268

thank you so much! I actually misunderstood of my 90 days plan. Good thing I read your post, that way I don't use all my data in a month. LOL!

But if I do have some data left after 90 days cycle, will it be carry over to my next 90 days or not? I can't find an answer.

@marsbar it's funny people point to Australia as being a "model" for us yet Aussie pricing kinda sucks... and they have less network coverage than us... and slower 4G speeds... and they charge way more for a prepay SIM card... and even BYOD plans require 12 month contracts with penalties/minimum top ups... and global txt is always an extra charge... and ONLY SMS is included, MMS is extra charge... and Australia happily violates Net Neutrality... and 1 carrier has 29 day expiry dates, another carrier has 35 day expiry dates, hope you pay attention before SIM deactivates... I mean *really* is that what Canadians want???

Telstra starts at $30 for 2.5GB

Optus starts at $30 for 3GB

Vodafone is just weird pricing so I think I am misreading something. Either that or selling at a loss since they want to gain market share. $40 for 9GB? With a temporary 50% discount. (Although they are the ONLY cell carrier not to list clearly the terms which makes me suspicious there is something buried in there)

rohith_reddi

No you cannot use data after 90 days instead you can recharge for 9GB data and if not sufficient you can use Add-on 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans#add-ons

rohith_reddi

No you cannot use data after 90 days instead you can recharge for less data and if not sufficient you can use Add-on 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans#add-ons

marsbar

@denkom wrote:
I wish that unused data would carry over, that would be sweet.

I wish you could move alltoment of data between accounts. My husband barely uses more than 2GB in a 90-day period since he has access to Wi-Fi at home and work but my office doesn't have free Wi-Fi so I'm always watching my data usage to not go over. Almost went over last cycle, and kept wishing there was a way to gift data from one account to the other.

We're both Fall Promo accounts ($120 for 90 days, 12 gb data, unlimitied prov talk, unlimited text) but I used 11.9 GB last cycle, he used 2.2 GB and I felt so sad about the wasted 9.8 GB! Would have used them at work if I could have.

marsbar

@makkahn28 wrote:

We may pay more, no doubt.

But, look at Canada, size, and we the Public ppl populating it. Loot at US, and pop size. Hense, we'll have to live with price difference a bit here and there.

Unlike, um, Tarzhay that promised the world and all we got was a plastic bag saying, Hi Canada, my name is Target, and I have awesome deals for you.

The true comparable for anything Canadian though is always Australia (similar geographic isolation from Europe, population denisities, clustering of majority of people in Border/Port towns, economic growth is tied to commodity prices, similar legal frameworks [outside of Quebec] and the same monarch) and due to tighter regulation there, they have much cheaper plans than in Canada.

arshad464

No your data finished after 30 or 90 day depend on your plan, not carry forward next month

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Outback543 thank you for trying to help!  However--you've replied to a question that's been answered already, and hasn't had any further activity in a month.  Not only that, but you replied incorrectly.  There is no "30 days" on a 90 day plan.  The data amount you see on your plan is yours to use however you like over the 90 days.  At the end of the 90 days, any remaining disappears.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Outback543
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No your data ends when your 30 days are up.

Hope this helps

ninizinzu

Yes. You have full 90 days to make use of allocated data. It reneus every 90 days. 

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I wish that unused data would carry over, that would be sweet.

4siu

you can use 4 gb data in 90 days. No matter use up all of them in one or at the 89days

Rockdaddy22
Let's hope so anyway

srlawren

@binaryjay I'm not sure either, but the last previous activity on this thread was over 5 months ago.  So, I think the person has already figured this out by now.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

binaryjay

Not sure why this is very difficult to understand, though the marketing material does not help.  The marketing meterial for the 90 day plan breaks it up into "per month" chunks, I suppose so people can more easily compare against other monthly plans elsewhere.  However you have to think of a 90 day plan exactly as that.  It's the same idea as a monthly plan, but for a period of 90 days.

So you get X amount of data per 90 days, you can use that data at any point during that 90 days before it resets to the next 90 day period.  If you use 8GB of a 90 day 12GB plan in the first 30 days you've got 4GB left to ration out for the next 60 days after which it will reset back to 12GB on the 91st day.. 

zmawani
I really like that feature. Most months I don't go over but I like knowing if I needed a lot of data one month I would be fine to "borrow" from the other months

zmh1175

carry over 30 days but no 90 days

jonashmartin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Ya man you got that right Bro!!!! Bravo!

texwood

This 90-day arrangement gives me a lot more flexibility.  My previous Telus plan was $55/5GB (grandfathered plan from 3 years ago).  It's a great plan compared to the current offerings of the "main brands", but there was an incident several months back when for one month when I was under my 5GB limit, but the month after I went massively over and ended up paying extra $$$ for data overage with no ability to prepay any add-ons in advance.

srlawren

@Simon4s I believe your question has been quite adequately answered by @Rockdaddy22@kav2001c, and @Luddite, but please let us know if you need any more clarification on anything.  Also, we weren't quite sure what you were talking about in regards to have 5 or more gigs remaining during any month.... but rest assured you have *twelve* gigabytes of data to use however you see fit over the course of 90 days, with no per-month limit or set amount.  In fact, "months" do not enter into the equation at all (90 days is never exactly 3 calendar months, for example).

@Simon4s It hard not to get confuse but remember the $40 plan is ACTUALLY $120 every 90 days.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Simon4s you could use 12GB on first day or on last day of your billing cycle

No diff

They just call it a 4GB "average" per month but you are in no way restricted how you use it

Rockdaddy22
Yes to the first part. Not sure what you mean by the 5 gig thing.
Need Help? Let's chat.