cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does it cost money to receive calls from USA?

smdannie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I'm on the 30days $30 500MB with unlimited Canadian call plan.

I can't find the information on how much it is to call a USA number.

If I receive calls from the USA does it cost money? What about receiving international calls like from India/China?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

@mh1983 wrote:

This is true, provided you're either on an unlimited Canada-wide plan (and you're in any province) or an unlimited province-wide plan (and you're in that home province). In the latter case, if you're outside of the home province, you'd need extra LD coverage.

doesn't even matter which province you're currently located in to receive calls on a provincial calling plan

That fact is a long standing thing that customers have noticed.  Someone even posted a change in the wording that Public Mobile uses a while ago.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@smdannie it doesn't cost any money to receive calls from US or internationally, so they can call you as much as they want.  In terms of outgoing calls to US or international you'll need to add the 200 Canada US Long Distance, or the 400 minutes International Ling distance.  However if you're calling internationally you'll need to check if the country you want to call is on the list, see list below.  If you're country is not on the list, then you won;t be able to make a long distance call to any other country.  You can always use long distance calling cards, just go to your local convenience store and purchase it.

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

mh1983

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@smdannie wrote:

If I receive calls from the USA does it cost money? What about receiving international calls like from India/China?

Thanks

@smdannieIncomming from any number is free and unlimited for you as long as you are connected to the public mobile network, unless you switch to the limited 50 minutes plan.

This is true, provided you're either on an unlimited Canada-wide plan (and you're in any province) or an unlimited province-wide plan (and you're in that home province). In the latter case, if you're outside of the home province, you'd need extra LD coverage.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

You won't be charged extra for anything. All plans are prepaid, if you have a limit on minutes/texts/data once you hit your limit you just can't use it any more that month unless you buy more. You won't be charged for receiving calls from the US, but you also can't make calls to a US number, you'll just get a recording telling you that it's not part of your plan.

Dunkgirl

@smdannie wrote:

Thanks

@smdannieIncomming from any number is free and unlimited for you as long as you are connected to the public mobile network, unless you switch to the limited 50 minutes plan.

You can either upgrade to the unlimited US/Canada plan, or purchase a long distance add on for $8/$15 for 200/400 mins

There are never overages, instead of charging you for something, the service will not be provided and you will have to buy an add-on if you want it. There are rumors you have free unlimited incoming when connected to the tmobile/at&t network while roaming in USA without the need to purchase a roaming package but I only heard about this recently and from 1 source but that is not what we are talking about

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@smdannie You do not get charged for any calls you get from anywhere. Its the person calling you will get charged if not covered in their plan. 

EDIT: missed your other question. To call USA, you need to buy long distance add-on (200min for $8 OR 400 min for $15).

Need Help? Let's chat.