cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know if PM offers US numbers or roaming?

BabyBluez
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

15 REPLIES 15

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Klane wrote:

Does PM every look at community post like this to find out what people want improved or what is the best way to provide feed back ?

@Klane there used to be a "public lab" area for submission of ideas, but it was discontinued in favour of a "if we want your feedback on something, we'll ask" approach, since very little in the lab was ever getting done.  Think of Public Mobile as a "what you see is what you get" provider, because change is rare and comes at an absolute snail's pace (this is actually an insult to snails).  This is a no-frills, low-cost, 3rd tier provider.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Klane wrote:

As already stated I feel it should be good for 30 days or at least 2 weeks, the scam is have to but it twice for 2 weeks, again as stated.

@Klane sure, but what about people that take a lot of shorter trips to the US?  Those of us that live in border towns will often cross over for a day or a weekend or a long weekend; why would want to only be able to buy 14 or 30 days worth at an increased cost?  

Even if you have to buy it twice to cover a 2 week vacation, compare that to 14 days of Easy Roam / Fido Roam / Roam Like Home at $8 / 24 hours would cost you $112 vs. say 2 x $20 10-day talk, text, 250MB bundles.  Even if you needed to buy more US Roaming data for use over the 2 weeks, it's still likely going to be a lot cheaper in comparison.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Klane wrote:

As already stated I feel it should be good for 30 days or at least 2 weeks, the scam is have to but it twice for 2 weeks, again as stated.

You seem unclear on the definition of scam. Edit: It's they are what they are. They work...mostly.

Once upon a time before my time here, there was a suggestion area for ideas. But it's no longer.

Klane
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Klane wrote:

The addons should be good for 1 month, 10 days is a scam... I have to pay twice if I am going to the US for 2 weeks as I often do.

How do you figure it's a scam ? Anytime I've used the US Roaming Add-on it works as advertised. If you're there longer than 10 days, you can buy a second US Roaming add-on once the intial 10 days have expired. Good luck.

Klane

Does PM every look at community post like this to find out what people want improved or what is the best way to provide feed back ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Klane

I already have two phone plans, I dont need a third sim.  I used to have  us phone with prepaid mins for the year but I only go every few months so another sim isnt practicle.

@Klane wrote:

The addons should be good for 1 month, 10 days is a scam... I have to pay twice if I am going to the US for 2 weeks as I often do.

Depending on combination the add-ons are still better value than $7 (or is it $8 now?) per day at other providers...

If you are going south so often it might be worthwhile to get a local SIM?

Klane

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you wanted an actual US number, you could get one with a VoIP service. Possibly the Magicjack app for Android or iOS? The number's available within the app itself which doesn't affect your existing number. Voice calls would go through WiFi or mobile data.

Newfiegirl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I travelled to US last month and purchased a $15 add on which gave me 10 days of U.S. roaming.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle
 Here...https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/plans US Roaming6

For 10 Days

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle

Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.

$20
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle

Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.

$15
U.S. Talk Only

Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.

$8
U.S. Text Only

Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.

$8
U.S. Data Only

250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.

From $10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BabyBluez 

They offer roaming add-ons for using Public Mobile in the states.

Not a US number.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

PM only offers 10 day US add-ons. You can find all the details at there website under plans addons

Need Help? Let's chat.