cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does an Add-On affect current promotion?

AJ2020
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I started my plan with public mobile during the lunar new year promotion. I signed up for a $15 per month plan. The promotion takes $5 off my bill each month for 8 months. In addition to that, I get $2 off my bill per month because I'm signed up for the AutoPay reward.

If I purchase 500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance in the Add-Ons section, will that affect my plan or promotions? Or, will it just add $5 on to my existing monthly payment?

Also, when does the Add-On come into effect after you purchase it? Do you pay for it on the spot or in the next billing cycle? Is it wiser to buy it closer to your next billing cycle if you don't plan on using it until after your next billing cycle?

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AJ2020 

Well...as long as your plan is active. 🙂

@AJ2020 wrote:

So if I buy x3 "500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance" packages ($15), I will have 1500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance that will never expire unless I use all the minutes up?

That is correct. The minutes from the add on will roll over until used up.

Yes, they roll over to the next month until they are used up.  Once your plan minutes have been used up then the add-on will be used.

AJ2020
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So if I buy x3 "500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance" packages ($15), I will have 1500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance that will never expire unless I use all the minutes up?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

If I purchase 500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance in the Add-Ons section, will that affect my plan or promotions? Or, will it just add $5 on to my existing monthly payment?

@AJ2020The answer is no. Add-ons are associated with your account and not your plan. Add-ons stay on your account until all used up and only kick in when needed. You can purchase the add-on via selfserve or by dialing *611 from your device. To be able to purchase the add-on you must first add the $5 to your account.

Also, when does the Add-On come into effect after you purchase it? Do you pay for it on the spot or in the next billing cycle? Is it wiser to buy it closer to your next billing cycle if you don't plan on using it until after your next billing cycle?

@AJ2020Once your purchase the add-on and add it to your account it is available immediately. There isn't an advantage in waiting so go and purchase it now. As mentioned it only kicks when needed and will stay in your account until it's all used up. This add-on does not expire do you are good to go.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@AJ2020 wrote:

I started my plan with public mobile during the lunar new year promotion. I signed up for a $15 per month plan. The promotion takes $5 off my bill each month for 8 months. In addition to that, I get $2 off my bill per month because I'm signed up for the AutoPay reward.

The jist of what I understand is that the add on is immediately applied to your bill it does not expire and only "expires" when you use it up. If you add data it is 4G LTE. The phone add on's from what I can see are not an upgrade of any sort like the data add on is. You can purchase it this billing cycle. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 9.55.47 AM.png

The best place to go is to look into each add on and what it provides before making a decision. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The add-on does not effect your promotion.  It will be used once your plan minutes have been used up and will rollover to the next month until they are used up.  You pay for it at time of purchase.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@AJ2020 @No, purchasing an add-on will not affect your plan, rewards or promos

It will be available immediately.

Buying an add on is a trip step process. As the funds, then but the add-on.

You pay immediately, and your cycle is unaffected.

Need Help? Let's chat.