cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Long distance Charges Apply When Calling Within Canada

H2MDevelopments
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When making local phone calls within canada. I get the automated message of "please hold while we transfer your call, long distance charges may apply". Is this true or do we get free canada wide calling with the 25$ plan?

6 REPLIES 6

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I believe this message is also issued when minutes are deducted from long distance add-on.  I have province wide calling and so I hear this message quite often.  

@H2MDevelopments  The great thing about public mobile is you get exactly what you pay for. Nothing more and nothing less. You never have to worry if something is going to cost you extra. If it works then it's included if it doesnt work it's not included or you ran out. When it comes to pay its The same as before unless you chose a different plan. Simple.

H2MDevelopments

That was helpful. Thank you. New user here and since I had my credit card tied to the account I was afraid some hidden costs start rolling in

H2MDevelopments

That was helpful. Thank you! 

@H2MDevelopments   The very savvy @Dunkgirl  is correct. The message is a hold over from when pm offered province wide calling (which some customers choose to keep). You can just stay on the line and your call will go thru...but you may want to update your contacts to include the (1) at the beginning of their numbers to avoid the message.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@H2MDevelopments wrote:

When making local phone calls within canada. I get the automated message of "please hold while we transfer your call, long distance charges may apply". Is this true or do we get free canada wide calling with the 25$ plan?

@H2MDevelopmentsThere are no extra "charges", ever. you either get whats included in your plan or you don't have it. Since this is a pre-paid service its pay before. Thats a standard warning you should be able to add a "1" to the beginning of your call and that messages goes away. The current $25 plan includes canada-wide. "Unlimited Canada-wide Talk"

Need Help? Let's chat.