cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does $25 plan has unlimited 3g data after you use up the data linit thats offered in the plan?

realzaheer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have heard Lucky mobile gives it's customer unlimited data at reduced speed after the data is used up thats offerd in the plan. Does this happen too in PM? what after the usage of data that comes with the plan?

Thanks.

51 REPLIES 51

@will13am 

I don't think it's an "error" in our favour rather in public mobiles favour.....

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Luddite  There was someone who wanted to test that theory by not having autopay on the $15 plan however I'm sure that eureka moment would have been posted by now.

iirc the only thing unknown still is whether someone activates on the $15 plan and chooses not to set up autopay initially and still get the data. But imnbrc (I may not be recalling correctly 🙂 ). It is known that renewing without autopay keeps the data.

Of course this is all unofficial and could change at any time without notice.

From what I recall, there was an error in our favor where the data bonus is supplied regardless of autopay status.  My theory is that all new in market talk/text/data plans are throttled to 3 mbps at the plan level.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Naepalm 

Like @Anonymous  and myself and our $10 accounts! Although I have yet to actually use the data sitting in my account except once for a pseudo data test.

So this will likely all get sliced out and sent off to the lounge...

My first account here which I had changed to the $10 plan early on still has the summer gift data, the Xmas data and a 200mb add-on that I bought long ago that a mod had very nicely added about a gig to. And then I bought 2 $15 add-ons. All untouched.

My second account that I call my data account has used the summer and xmas and now is still whittling down the original 5gb promo from last year. It started on the $25 plan then I promptly changed it to the $10 plan.

Of course when I first got here I did the speedtests as one does. But I don't think I've done one since.

@Naepalm 

I scheduled a change plan on next renewal after they announced its demise not long after I activated my second line. I switched back to using my original number (that I've had for 20 years) and put my late partners number to hold as the $10 account. Mind you now that I've downgraded my line to the $15 I will end up using the calling minutes on that account and I still get a few texts on it every month. But it's nice to have choice on what data speed I want to use.

@darlicious LUCKY!!! 🙂

@Naepalm 

Like @Anonymous  and myself and our $10 accounts! Although I have yet to actually use the data sitting in my account except once for a pseudo data test.

@Anonymous I was also wondering if PM just didn't change the wording on the terms and those terms had been around for a long time. What @darlicious said makes sense makes sure that PM doesn't ever actually have to give out 4G LTE speeds to new customers only customers from times past would benefit from 4G LTE

@darlicious just wondered then why I had seen many times that the add on is 4G LTE then? What speed would 4GLTE come in at? 30mb/s?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Luddite  There was someone who wanted to test that theory by not having autopay on the $15 plan however I'm sure that eureka moment would have been posted by now.

iirc the only thing unknown still is whether someone activates on the $15 plan and chooses not to set up autopay initially and still get the data. But imnbrc (I may not be recalling correctly 🙂 ). It is known that renewing without autopay keeps the data.

Of course this is all unofficial and could change at any time without notice.

@Naepalm   There is nothing to test....i am more than sure that part of the reasoning behind getting rid of the $10 50/50 plan was to get rid of the only talk/text plan that could recieve full speed 4G LTE data. This leaving only the $30/1gb plan with it....which at that price very few people actually have. There have been many users who have reported with delight that despite not having autopay enabled on their $15 plan they still recieve the 250mb of data. This is not a glitch but a deliberate coding by pm to ensure all current plans have 3G and 4G LTE throttled to 3G speed. Thus the data add ons default to 3G speeds.

@Luddite I would love to test this but Ill have to wait until my 5G of data is used up. 

I recall several instances of people mentioning the add on is LTE. 

@Carniam when I came here I have seen multiple times people say that the add on is 4G LTE. So I just took it at face value. But now reading the terms the is only the scenario that @will13am speaks to. It now makes sense. Thanks for sharing, I think it was the same info I gave in the screen shot 😀

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Naepalm heres the section on the add on page that speaks to data speed 

6E830B9C-4F14-4EC0-BBE6-45FFB706791F.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

@Naepalm , anyone with a current in market plan gets "3G speed" data whether it's add-on or included data.  The only anomalous plan that doesn't come with any data was the $10 plan which hasn't been offered for a long time.  Customers with that plan would get full LTE speed of purchasing add-on data.  

Rock n roll x 3.

But I haven't done a speedtest in ages.

Adddenda to @will13am:

a) data only plan is LTE and any associated data add-ons

b) vaguely recall someone testing $15 plan without autopay getting LTE data add-on.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Naepalm , anyone with a current in market plan gets "3G speed" data whether it's add-on or included data.  The only anomalous plan that doesn't come with any data was the $10 plan which hasn't been offered for a long time.  Customers with that plan would get full LTE speed of purchasing add-on data.  

@Carniam add ons are not 3G speed if you have a no data plan not sure if thise are older plans.

They are actually 4G LTE throttled to 3G speeds. 

Now reading the terms it looks like any plan we pick has data even the 15.00 plan 250mb. So does that mean that even that plan is only supplimentes with 3G. Which would effectively mean any plan add on will actually not be 4G LTE. Can anyone confirm this. The wording is tricky. @ShawnC13 @will13am @Luddite @NDesai 

Screenshot_20200606_205534.jpg

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No. after use up, no more data.

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@realzaheer just to add to @Anonymous‘s post that the data add ons are still at 3G speed

Anonymous
Not applicable

@realzaheer wrote:

I have heard Lucky mobile gives it's customer unlimited data at reduced speed after the data is used up thats offerd in the plan. Does this happen too in PM? what after the usage of data that comes with the plan?

Thanks.

PM is not offering that. Data just stops. You can buy data add-ons for if and when you use up your plan data.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@realzaheer wrote:

Thanks.

PM does not have unlimited very slow speed data after the plan data was consumed before renewal.  You PM data will stop working after using all plan data for that cycle.

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the bottom right hand corner of this page. Moderator wait time is 2 days. If your next renewal date is up to 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $15 1GB data or $10 200MB data. Expensive option

PM is a prepaid service.  There is no refund of the unused days if you renew your plan early.

Need Help? Let's chat.