cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do add on cancel what you have on your plan?

tracy1971
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

so I have a $10 plan, 50 talk/50 text.  Used 1 minute of the talk plan, purchased a 200 minute add on but my account only says 200 minutes.  Did I lose the 50 minutes from the original plan?  And next month when my plan renews if I still have 100 mintues will I not get my 50 minutes from my plan?  Hope that makes sense.

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

And really...customer has a problem....figures out they have to come here for support...as we all know and probably do ourselves - nobody is going to search trying different keywords, reading a bunch of posts to try to find an answer to their specific problem. After *maybe* a minute or two of that and giving up in frustration...the easy thing to do is to ask. Never any harm in asking.

So we oblige. That's the model. That's how it works. Send them off to the mods if need be otherwise send them on their way with a working service. Done.

If anybody feels like giving a bravo great. If the OP feels like giving a solution great. Otherwise...carry on with life and the next question.

@mimmo wrote:

@RobertQc it's a hard one. Since there is no official faq (who knows if the new help will have one) I have always been trying to figure out a way of making a customer based one. That I could link to.  But there is no easy solution as you pointed out.

I guess is do what works 🙂

@mimmoYea. At the moment, I am doing all the heavy lifting for the customer, trying to make it easy for them by just posting what they need. Maybe we can make a wiki like system here at public mobile, or allow us to edit the knowledge base, or even create a custom "user knowledge base" if they are afraid of wrecking all 16 articles where and give anyone access. A wiki kind of system. I would be happy to contribute to that but at the same time and not trying to be rude here 🙂 but isin't this kind of thing a good job to give to some oracles? *wink wink* 😉

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RobertQc it's a hard one. Since there is no official faq (who knows if the new help will have one) I have always been trying to figure out a way of making a customer based one. That I could link to.  But there is no easy solution as you pointed out.

I guess is do what works 🙂

@mimmo wrote:

@RobertQc why not post your answers in a single thread/ post  (or each question/answer had is own reply in said thread) it could be: Robertqc's answers to common questions. 

It could provide a wealth of information for some new and older users.  You and others could just link the post as/when needed. Who knows maybe one of the higher ups could sticky if it seemed to help. 

@mimmoThat is a great idea, not sure how to implement it though, I have many documents with various issues but I usually only copy+paste parts of it depending on what the user says and reword a few things to cater to their comment. If I post everything sure I can do that no problem but they will have to naviagate it them self. As an example there are many different questions regarding the auto pay system,

how do I get auto pay reward?

Will i get the reward if?

How does the reward work?

does it take payment before or after credit card,

when does it take the payment,

do I get autopay first discount,

autopay is not working,

why did autopay fail,

how do i enable autopay,

how do I disable auto pay,

autopay is still taking payment after I closed account

can i use a gift card for autopay?

how to reactivate after auto pay failure, and tricks like $1/ 611 / incognito

then i also have suggestions to people that talk about autopay, to make sure its enabled and to top up first, issues with self serve system, , etc.

If break down each individual specific question to a post, then I would guess I would have to make somewhere around 5-600 replies to my own thread.

If I leave one section of just autopay and link the user to go here then user will have to go through what is literally pages and pages long, and if they could do that, then why didn't they just use the search feature

The way I do  It's very organized for me and I can make a quick and custom tailored answer to someones questions usually within a minute sometimes seconds of seeing the question.

tracy1971

hanks, I just checked my account and I can see the difference now.

tracy1971

hanks, I just checked my account and I can see the difference now.  

tracy1971

thanks, I just checked my account and I can see the difference now.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RobertQc why not post your answers in a single thread/ post  (or each question/answer had is own reply in said thread) it could be: Robertqc's answers to common questions. 

It could provide a wealth of information for some new and older users.  You and others could just link the post as/when needed. Who knows maybe one of the higher ups could sticky if it seemed to help. 

@NDesai wrote:

@RobertQc wrote: 

@NDesaiThis is what I get for not making a macro / copy+paste for this somewhat common question and typing it by hand each time.

You can always take your time and read over/spellcheck what you're posting before hitting the Post button. 

@NDesaiI get what you're saying but I could have read over that 1000 times. It looked right to me. It was not like I hit the wrong key or said than vs then. That was what was in my head. I do not have the $10 plan, until someone corrects me or I read it in my document thats how it is. Most of my memory is based on logic. Logic says $10 plan is the cheapest plan there is, therefore it has the worst possible basic cell phone features, but one feature is good, provincial has been upgraded to Canada-wide. So the logic doesn't work in that case. I forget that part. All the time. I need to create a memory of that variation or just "write it down ;)"

@RobertQc wrote: 

@NDesaiThis is what I get for not making a macro / copy+paste for this somewhat common question and typing it by hand each time.

You can always take your time and read over/spellcheck what you're posting before hitting the Post button. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Well not quite @RobertQc.

The $10 plan is Canada-wide. The 200 minutes will get used when the 50 minutes are finished or if calling the US.

@tracy1971: If you don't see the 50 minutes down below in the add-on area then you've used them up. The 200 minutes don't over-run the 50 minutes. You should see both line items.

And it's 50 minutes total in and out. Not 100 together.

@AnonymousHaha right, I keep forgetting the $10 is canada-wide. I swear I have made that mistake 3 times now! Good eye.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well not quite @RobertQc.

The $10 plan is Canada-wide. The 200 minutes will get used when the 50 minutes are finished or if calling the US.

@tracy1971: If you don't see the 50 minutes down below in the add-on area then you've used them up. The 200 minutes don't over-run the 50 minutes. You should see both line items.

And it's 50 minutes total in and out. Not 100 together.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@tracy1971 wrote:

so I have a $10 plan, 50 talk/50 text.  Used 1 minute of the talk plan, purchased a 200 minute add on but my account only says 200 minutes.  Did I lose the 50 minutes from the original plan?  And next month when my plan renews if I still have 100 mintues will I not get my 50 minutes from my plan?  Hope that makes sense.

@tracy1971The 50 minutes reset each renrewal (30 days)

The 200 minutes lasts for ever until you use them

Plan minutes vs add-on minutes. 2 different things.

The 50 minutes gets used first if you call in province. EDIT CANADA WIDE

The 200 minutes only get dipped into if you use more than 50 in province EDIT CANADA WIDE, or you call long distance.

Need Help? Let's chat.