cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I pay incoming from long distance? How much is roaming? Can't seem to find all this info

polish_jr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry, I'm sure someone will just post a link to all the details I'm after but I just can't find it for the life of me.

I am on the 90 day province wide, global text, 3 gig plan.

I'm just wondering about all those situations that aren't clearly listed in the plan.

So how much would I pay if I was in Quebec? Am I roaming? With who? How much is it it to call local in Quebec from Quebec? To call back to Ontario? Who much if I receive a call from Quebec or Ontario.. or Europe if I'm in Quebec?

What about texts when I'm out of province? Receiving and sending? To Ontario? Quebec? The US?

Data out of province? Am I roaming? With who? How much is it per gig? 

Incoming is always free, right? Like getting an incoming call from out of the country is the same for me as getting a call from down the street right? It's just outgoing. And about outgoing... If I don't have a int'l long distance add-on, how much is it per minute to call the rest of Canada or the US or international?

Sorry again for the laundry list of questions but I honestly couldn't find answers anywhere. Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

haditaqvi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Incomiming calls from anywher in canada and abroad are free. 

You will never pay extra with PM, because PM will allow you only the services that you have already paid. No worries over extra or hidden charge!

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Totally agree, and glad we could help. Enjoy your time with PM!

polish_jr

Thank you all. It all makes sense now. It get confusing when coming over from Wind because there roaming means something totally different. Nice to have towers all across the country again! 

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good summary provided by @alicat, specific responses inline:

@polish_jr wrote:

Sorry, I'm sure someone will just post a link to all the details I'm after but I just can't find it for the life of me.

I am on the 90 day province wide, global text, 3 gig plan.

I'm just wondering about all those situations that aren't clearly listed in the plan.

So how much would I pay if I was in Quebec?

- I take it you home province is not Quebec, so if in Quebec you can do outgoing call in Quebec as part of you plan. Outgoing calls to other provinces would require a LD add-on, as would all incoming calls. LD add-ons are either $8 for 200 min or $15 for 400 min, working out to 4 cents or 3.75 cents per min respectively. The add-ons must be purchased in advance, and are reduced by 1 min for each min used. They do not expire at the end of a cycyle, unused minutes roll over until used up.

Am I roaming? With who?

- No, you are not roaming, you are still on the PM (Telus) network.

How much is it it to call local in Quebec from Quebec?

- See above, included in plan.

To call back to Ontario? Who much if I receive a call from Quebec or Ontario.. or Europe if I'm in Quebec?

- See above, all cases are 1 LD add-on min per minute talk.

What about texts when I'm out of province? Receiving and sending? To Ontario? Quebec? The US?

- With global text you can text anywhere in the world from anywhere in Canada as part of the plan.

Data out of province? Am I roaming? With who? How much is it per gig? 

The data in your plan is Canada wide. Again not roaming, on the PM network.

Incoming is always free, right? Like getting an incoming call from out of the country is the same for me as getting a call from down the street right?

- Correct, as long as you are in your home province. If you are in another province then you need LD add on minutes.

It's just outgoing. And about outgoing... If I don't have a int'l long distance add-on, how much is it per minute to call the rest of Canada or the US or international?

- You can't call any of those without a LD add-on.

Sorry again for the laundry list of questions but I honestly couldn't find answers anywhere. Thanks!

No you don't pay for incoming calls. 

There is no roaming with Public Mobile. Its in Canada only. 

alicat

Hi polish_jr

I'm new here too, but I've done some reading.  As I understand it, there are no roaming or per-minute charges.  You pay the flat fee for your plan up front, and then if you're trying to do something you haven't paid for, PM just won't allow it.  

So if you have a province-wide calling plan, you'll be able to call anywhere within the province you're in, but you won't be able to call a non-province number unless you purchase a long distance/US add-on.   You'll be able to receive calls from anywhere because the person placing the call assumes the cost of the call. 

Texting is global, so you can text anywhere from anywhere within Canada. Same with data.  

I hope this helps!

Need Help? Let's chat.