cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need buy data add on?

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I lived in Toronto,I have $10/30days plan ,50min Canada wide talk and 1GB promotion data credit,I will go for 1 weeks vocation to Banff Calgary,according for my plan can I use that 1GB data in Calgary or I need buy data add on ?Does my phone call still have 50min in Calgary ?

11 REPLIES 11

I started on the 1Gb plan last winter and we go to 5Gb through summer months as we are at the cabin with no Wi-Fi there. I tried going down to $15/256Mb in October as we were away on a cruise for almost half the month anyway and I wound up just staying on the $15 plan through the winter by just being a bit careful with data use. I will have to start planning for our bump up to 1Gb and then 5Gb soon.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

With the $10/50 minute plan I think I would have the $5/500 minute add-on no matter what. Sooner or later it will happen that you need the phone for calls in or out more than normal, some sort of little crisis and you're going to get cut off in the middle of a call when you hit 50 minutes and guaranteed, it will be at the worst possible time imaginable. The $5/500 minute add on rolls over continuously until you've used up all the minutes so it is cheap insurance that could last ...

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst, eh?

Lowest-price plan plus this low-price add-on is exactly what I'm doing. My employers often provide phone/internet/etc for the duration of each contract term, so over a month I might use my own phone for about 5 minutes of calling or I might use it for many hours of calling. I like the idea of only paying for what I actually use and for actually using what I paid for, this approach allows me to realize this idea as closely as possible without predicting my needs or changing my plan over and over again.

Too bad I didn't pick the $10 plan while it was available. $15 plan plus 5 extra referrals will have to do, lol.

With the $10/50 minute plan I think I would have the $5/500 minute add-on no matter what. Sooner or later it will happen that you need the phone for calls in or out more than normal, some sort of little crisis and you're going to get cut off in the middle of a call when you hit 50 minutes and guaranteed, it will be at the worst possible time imaginable. The $5/500 minute add on rolls over continuously until you've used up all the minutes so it is cheap insurance that could last for years.

AE_Collector

ddeep91

Yes, the 1gb data will still work within canada as well as the 50mins. You could always addon the 5$/500 mins addon which will carry over to next billing cycle if you dont use it all.

Jackhyf63

Thanks everyone .

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

I lived in Toronto,I have $10/30days plan ,50min Canada wide talk and 1GB promotion data credit,I will go for 1 weeks vocation to Banff Calgary,according for my plan can I use that 1GB data in Calgary or I need buy data add on ?Does my phone call still have 50min in Calgary ?

@Jackhyf63 Your minutes will work from anywhere in Canada. You data will also work anywhere in Canada so you have nothing to worry about. Enjoy your trip. 🙂

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

The $5 Canada wide add-on is good for 500 minutes. It also rolls over each 30 days till used up.

It's two steps to buy an add-on guide below for you.

Add-on guide click me 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jackhyf63   The $10 plan has Canada wide mins, so you'll be able to use them unless you've already depleted those plan minutes.  In either case, just add the $5/500 Canada wide mins to your plan which won't expire as already suggested earlier.  Data is good anywhere in Canada.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Jackhyf63 

The $10 plan is no longer offered so I can't look it up. But you can read the details if you login Self-Serve.

If the plan gives Province-wide Talk then you'll need an add-on (like $5 500 minutes Canada-wide Talk) to use it outside your home province (Ontario). If the plan is already Canada-wide Talk then you don't need to buy a Talk add-on (unless you want/need more than 50 minutes).

Text is International on all PM plans these days. Although I think "International" means only the countries which are specifically part of PM's list, they carefully don't say "Global" anymore. Already works everywhere in Canada.

Data works anywhere in Canada (assuming there's service). You only need to buy a Data add-on if you want/need more Data than your plan provides.

Add-ons remain on account until they're fully consumed/expired. Unused minutes and megabytes will rollover billing cycles indefinitely, until they're used or the account is finally Terminated. (US Roaming add-ons do expire after 10 days, but you obviously won't buy them for a trip to Banff.)

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Jackhyf63 Since its Canada wide talk it will work in Calgary. So will the 1 gig data. The only add on that you should consider is the $5, 500 minute Canada wide talk add on in case you require more minutes. Enjoy your trip.

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Your minutes should be Canada wide.  Also your data would work in AB.

Need Help? Let's chat.