cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Add-Ons Carry Over

Econ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!

My question is regarding Add-Ons for extra minutes and data.

If I purchase either of these are they just used when I go over my alotted minute/data usage? Do they continuosly carry over from month to month?

Thanks,

Econ

6 REPLIES 6

TJ71
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

👍👍 for that!! Appreciate finding the answer to my question with ease.  Thank you.  Cheers

@wetcoaster wrote:

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

Yes, add-on minutes and data are only used if you have run out of your regular in-plan allotment before your renewal date (when the clock for in-plan features is reset).

Add-on minutes and data are yours until used up, be that a couple of days or a couple of years (I still have minutes on a LD add-on that I purchased in April 2017...)

Also, can only use add-on if regular plan active.  Add-on can't be used on own.

@cavemantoronto 

This is a good point, and you are correct for minutes: In order to use LD add-on minutes, your base plan needs to include a talk feature.

However, in-Canada data add-ons can be combined with base plans that do not include a data feature. The $25 unlimited provincial talk and unlimited text combined with a 1GB data add-on was very good value for minimal data users (< 130MB/30days) before the $15 plan was introduced.

Yes, I think if I want to be exact, you can't use add-on if your account suspended.

thomask
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I’ve had these before, in fact I have one now...  200 Canada/USA minutes and am down to like 190 left, I bought it last summer...

I’ve burned through addon data faster... but it’s always there when i ”need” it.

It doesn’t expire, simple as that.

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

Yes, add-on minutes and data are only used if you have run out of your regular in-plan allotment before your renewal date (when the clock for in-plan features is reset).

Add-on minutes and data are yours until used up, be that a couple of days or a couple of years (I still have minutes on a LD add-on that I purchased in April 2017...)

@cavemantoronto 

This is a good point, and you are correct for minutes: In order to use LD add-on minutes, your base plan needs to include a talk feature.

However, in-Canada data add-ons can be combined with base plans that do not include a data feature. The $25 unlimited provincial talk and unlimited text combined with a 1GB data add-on was very good value for minimal data users (< 130MB/30days) before the $15 plan was introduced.

@wetcoaster wrote:

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.