Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearance of $20 addon

julesverne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I came to the U. S. 10 days ago I bought a $20 talk text 250meg data plan

4 days ago I bought my wife a $20 us talk text 250meg data plan

Today my 10 day plan ran out, and the above $20 plan is no longer listed. What happened to it... I may have to buy a 15 talk and text and add on 250 meg data for $8.... But WHY

8 REPLIES 8

I agree @smp99 

Unfortunately they said explicitly they will be removing it, just a temporary thing.

I hope they do give people advance notice as many snowbirds are eyeing it.

Who knows maybe it does stick around due to popular demand. 

I personally would probably go for FreedomPop instead or even TextNow if I would have to spend long time south of the border. I don't use that much to justify the price. 

Actually wouldn't it be nice if there was a USA upgrade for every plan? You just pay extra and your plan covers USA and Canada for that cycle without actually changing your plan

This fits in the same category as being able to do an immediate (early) renewal to any other offered plan BUT NOT an immediate renewal of the plan you are currently on (as another option to get back into business if you have exhausted some part of your plan).

Terry

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Agree about the $60 plan. If you are on a $40+ plan, just upgrade to the $60 plan if you are going to the States for a week or more. Even lesser plans may make sense just to avoid some of the headaches.

I hope the $60 does not go away

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Once add on expires you must wait 24hrs to buy a new add on. It does add up if you going to more then 10 days. I had that issue in past and always wondered why it disappeared. I figured it out on my own when checking next day. 

I avoid that now by getting the $60 Canada US plan. Eliminates the need to buy add ons. I don't always go to US but some months I do for extended period of time. Rewards do make it more affordable then add ons over time. You get more data to use in US as it comes with 2GB data for US. After all my rewards I'm not at $48 which is cheaper then previous plan I had and add ons in past made it more expensive.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

All these issues with US roaming that have been going on for months/years really makes the whole brand look like the Bad News Bears.

I think it needs a complete overhaul. I'm ok with, but not crazy about the 10 day cycle. 

But it should do the following ....

Ability to set a future start date (12:01am)

Ability to stack and auto-start when the previous roaming plan ends

Ability to cancel if start date has not triggered yet.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

I believe you can't buy two at the time as they are used immediately so you can't be using both simultaneously. Once it expires you'll be able to repurchase

@mimmo wrote:

There is a bug in the system, the addon will appear 24 hours after the expiry of the addon. 

@julesverne  Just log in tomorrow to repurchase The $20 US roaming plan. You may have to reboot and enable data again. I'm sure one day without will be ok.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

There is a bug in the system, the addon will appear 24 hours after the expiry of the addon. 

Need Help? Let's chat.