cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable included data on my plan ?

NuYearNuMobile
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have data included in my plan but I dont need it.

I noticed that my phone has used data automatically.

So I just want to disable data in order to avoid overage charges, if any.

5 REPLIES 5

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As others have said, there are ways to disable the data access per-device, but sometimes something can "sip" a little data. With PM, there's no overage -- you pay in advance (prepaid) for what you get, whereas on postpaid, you pay a bill after the fact for a plan and any overage you may've incurred.

If you want to do away with data altogether, you could consider a plan that doesn't include any.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NuYearNuMobile wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@NuYearNuMobile there are no overages. If you finish it then you will no longer be able to use it unless you buy a data addon. 

Turning off data on your phone will disable the ability to send and receive mms messages( picture sms)

Thanks for the confirmation on No Overages.

Even if I disabled Data on my phone settings, I did notice that phone accesses data even though in kB.

Mine is always disabled and I have already used over 1MB this billing cycle. Likely some of the Apps bypass the disable and use the data for there telemetry or whatever else they may need.

NuYearNuMobile
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@mimmo wrote:

@NuYearNuMobile there are no overages. If you finish it then you will no longer be able to use it unless you buy a data addon. 

Turning off data on your phone will disable the ability to send and receive mms messages( picture sms)

Thanks for the confirmation on No Overages.

Even if I disabled Data on my phone settings, I did notice that phone accesses data even though in kB.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@NuYearNuMobile  What phone do you have?    You can disable it on the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.