cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Voicemail

sandwiches
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am wondering if there is a way to disable voicemail for my account?

I don't use it, but I constantly receive the new voicemail notification on my phone (nexus 6p) and have to keep switching off the telephone service to remove it. The notification keeps appearing each time I move in and out of coverage or move locations, so it gets quite frustrating.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

You can also completely prevent calls from forwarding to the voicemail server in the first place by setting them to an invalid/US number:

Dial:

*004*8080000000#

This will cause all calls to either ring forever or get fast busy at the point they normally would have been diverted to the voicemail system.

##004# to undo/reset it.

wenz

Hey, I recorded a simulated busy signal sound. and it works like a charm. thanks for your solution.

townie

I found this post on a google search. The solution does still work but you need to go into the 4 extended absence greeting and then hit 5. I was hitting 5 before going into this submenu thinking it was no longer available. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cellphonesaver wrote:

Yes the same happens to me. It doesn't work.

Any other ways to disable it?

@cellphonesaver did you make sure to set things up so that incoming messages can't be recorded?  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Re-Disable-Voicemail/m-p/213805/highl...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

cellphonesaver
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes the same happens to me. It doesn't work.

Any other ways to disable it?

@CS_Agent 

Can you pass feedback to PM and make this option available?

Thanks!

Ps it would be nice to have missed calls text notifications while out of coverage! Freedom has it and in Europe it's a standard feature 

sandwiches

It's frustrating that it just keeps happening. I followed those instructions and enabled the extended away greeting and recorded a silent greeting but each time I miss a call it just happens all over again and a notification just keeps popping up and I'm back to square one.

Indexx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Try recording a silent greeting.

sandwiches

Hmm, it's a shame that is the only way to do it. I don't really want any greeting at all, just to ring out. I guess it's not an option with public mobile then. Would be nice if it could be disabled on an account level in the future.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

I dont think there is a direct way to simply disable voicemail like other carrier. 

Use the guide above for workaround to make it looks like it is disable. 😄

Indexx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Here is your answer:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/disable-voicemail/m-p/56389/highlight/tr...

@s2scotty wrote:

I believe,,,

Call your PM telephone number from any  touch tone phone. Let it ring through to the voicemail prompt. While the answer prompt is running, hit "*" (asterisk). It'll pause a bit, then ask for your password. Enter the password that you have established for voicemail.

Once you're in the voicemail system,,,

Choose Greetings (3), then navigate to the "Extended Absence Greeting" (EAG) sub-option, then record anything you like (eg. "You have reached a data plan only subscriber. Sorry", then choose option "5" -- which will NOT allow callers to leave a message after hearing the EAG.

This effectively disables VM messages AND helps guide those that may call you.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I hear that using extended greetings is only way to keep ppl from leaving messages

Need Help? Let's chat.