cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn't get $10 Bonus, or $25 bonus, or $1 referral

elkabong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed a friend up on Sunday March 30th.  On that day, there was supposed to be a $10 bonus, plus a free month of service, and a $1 referral.  This was done at my local walmart (yeah, I know).  There was also a $25 credit and/or a free month of service (it said they could not be combined). 

The guy put me in as a referral, but I have not seen any of the bonuses.  The thread from RedFlagDeals is here : https://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-mobile-public-mobile-30-days-free-service-second-30-days-free..., of course the Public Mobile page is long gone. 

Can someone call me about this?  I got NOTHING out of this whole thing.  No $10. No $25.  No Second month of service, and not even the  measly $1 referral fee  😞  

27 REPLIES 27

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@elkabong I marked the solution because the solution to your issue is to contact the moderators. This does not affect any dialogue with the moderators you are having to resolve the issue, but does direct anyone with the same problem to the correct action.

If you are still waiting for their response after 10 days, suggest you send them another private message.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@elkabong 

You still haven't clarified what if anything your friend got in all of this.

elkabong

I like how the mods here select an option that makes THEM look good. 

Just for the record, nothing was fixed, I got NOTHING, not even the $1 / month referral. 

So mark it closed mods.  Make sure you pick an option that makes you look good. 

Remember guys - if you have a problem with PM, you are NEVER going to get it resolved, even if the mods mark all of the threads here "RESOLVED". 

elkabong

Still at $4.   I got absolutely nothing out of this.  

Public Mobile is great, unless you need help, or something goes wrong.  If it does, users should literally assume that their issues will NEVER be resolved.  

You guys are nice and all, but your input doesn't fix the issue.  

Public Mobile support barely speaks english, and they rely on YOU GUYS to fix their issues, and you can't.  

It's the Ourobouros of tech-support.  

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@elkabong wrote:

I hope you're right.  

I understand the online-only support, but to be honest, I didn't expect it to be non-english-speakers.   The only reply I got was absolute gibberish, and I have no clue what's going on.  

And coming to this forum feels largely like getting stoned by a biblical mob, where some people think I'm a moron for not understanding contract-babble, and others think I"m just a moron, and others think I should just wait -- meanwhile the one guy who should know what's going on -- well, he barely speaks english.  😞

Cheers for the measured response though.  I'm going to try patience.  Not much else I can do.  

@elkabong Almost half way through the week, hang in there.  Please see my post on the previous page.  Based on the info you've provided, it seems that everything is correct. Have an amazing week.  

elkabong

I hope you're right.  

I understand the online-only support, but to be honest, I didn't expect it to be non-english-speakers.   The only reply I got was absolute gibberish, and I have no clue what's going on.  

And coming to this forum feels largely like getting stoned by a biblical mob, where some people think I'm a moron for not understanding contract-babble, and others think I"m just a moron, and others think I should just wait -- meanwhile the one guy who should know what's going on -- well, he barely speaks english.  😞

Cheers for the measured response though.  I'm going to try patience.  Not much else I can do.  

Doodah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I referred a friend and added a few friends on as refer a friend plans, I receieved my bonuses and add on's the following month with a auto update filled payment plan of future bunoses added to my account, which will be re-occuring so patience and will come at the end of the next bill period.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@elkabong  - You need to go back to the moderator(s), and explain again.  Both for you (extra $1/mth), and for your friend who should get $10, and if eligible a free month.  If the facts are in order, the moderators WILL correct the situation.

Pizzaeh

@elkabong in your post you said you signed up your friend on March 30, which is after your renewal date of March 29th (due March 28th).  That fifth friend reward will be turned into available funds upon your next renewal date in April.  Everything appears to be correct, based on your screenshot. 

To confirm whether your friend used you as a referral (for the fifth referral), after logging in to your self-serve, scroll down a bit and look for the section called My Rewards.  In there, look for the Refer-a-Friend Reward, what does it say beside it, $4 or $5?  

• My Rewards
    • Loyalty Reward $#
    • AutoPay Reward ($#)
    • Community Reward ($#)
    • Refer-a-Friend Reward ($5)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@elkabong wrote:

I am totally writing off the $25 and the $10 and the free month, my mistake for not reading the fine print I guess. 

But they are declining even the referral.  

BUYER BEWARE with these guys. 

Did you give them the particulars of your friends account? Did your *friend* get the $10? And the free SIM? And the free second month?

I wouldn't be so quick to say Buyer Beware other than the literal use of the saying in buying anything anywhere.

elkabong
Mar 28, 20196GB at 3G Speed/ 6Go à la vitesse 3G $35.00$0.00
Mar 28, 201930-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$35.00
Mar 28, 2019Automatic Top-Up/Réapprovisionnements auto.$38.00 $45.00
Mar 28, 2019Reward - Loyalty Recognition/Récompense - Reconnaissance de Fidélité$1.00 $7.00
Mar 28, 2019Reward - Refer-a-Friend ($1 per active friend) /Récompense - Référez-un-ami (1 $ par ami actif)$4.00 $6.00
Mar 28, 2019AutoPay Reward$2.00 $2.00
Feb 26, 20196GB at 3G Speed/ 6Go à la vitesse 3G $35.00$0.00
Feb 26, 201930-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$35.00
Feb 26, 2019Automatic Top-Up/Réapprovisionnements auto.$38.00 $45.00
Feb 26, 2019Reward - Loyalty Recognition/Récompense - Reconnaissance de Fidélité$1.00 $7.00
Feb 26, 2019Reward - Refer-a-Friend ($1 per active friend) /Récompense - Référez-un-ami (1 $ par ami actif)$4.00 $6.00
Feb 26, 2019AutoPay Reward$2.00 $2.00
Jan 27, 20196GB at 3G Speed/ 6Go à la vitesse 3G $35.00$0.00
Jan 27, 201930-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$35.00
Jan 27, 2019Automatic Top-Up/Réapprovisionnements auto.$13.00 $45.00

Anonymous
Not applicable

@elkabong wrote:

I have had 4 for a number of months.  Still have 4.  

So it would then seem that your friend did not use your phone number for a referral if you don't now have a fifth.

elkabong

I am totally writing off the $25 and the $10 and the free month, my mistake for not reading the fine print I guess. 

But they are declining even the referral.  

BUYER BEWARE with these guys. 

elkabong

I have had 4 for a number of months.  Still have 4.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@elkabong wrote:

Better for my friend, worse overall.  I'll deal with that scumbagginess, and just say, "you should have known better".   

THIS however, is ridiculous.  Can someone interpret this for me?  It sounds like they are doing nothing, even about my lost referral, but this half-english is terrible  😞  

Hello Dave,   Thank you for securing your account.   I verified the rewards and at the activation moment you had $25 reeral reward , after that I saw $1 for each friend, 3 friends first after you ended up with 4 active referal applied each mont along with the auto-pay reward $2.   All the rewards are applied on the account normally each month.   Regards   Alex_G!

Don't be too hasty there Quick Draw McGraw.

So you're saying all of this is not right? No recent $25 even for a different referral? How many $1 referral rewards show on your overview page? 3 or 4? How many are right?

@elkabong wrote:

Better for my friend, worse overall.  I'll deal with that scumbagginess, and just say, "you should have known better".   

THIS however, is ridiculous.  Can someone interpret this for me?  It sounds like they are doing nothing, even about my lost referral, but this half-english is terrible  😞  

Hello Dave,   Thank you for securing your account.   I verified the rewards and at the activation moment you had $25 reeral reward , after that I saw $1 for each friend, 3 friends first after you ended up with 4 active referal applied each mont along with the auto-pay reward $2.   All the rewards are applied on the account normally each month.   Regards   Alex_G!

It means that everything is in working order. You got 4 active referrals and the $2.00 AutoPay reward. If your friend signed up at WalMart and did not use you as a referral it's not PM's problem.

elkabong

I've been getting $4 for 4 months now.  I didn't get the additional referral credit. 

Typical.  I'm giving up.  Nice work Public Mobile.  Your forum people are 100x better than your tech support, who barely speaks english.  

Sighs.  Hangs Head.  Gives up. 

Heads to Reddit to warn at least one additional person.  

elkabong

Pizzaeh

Good lord @elkabong, Monday's are tough aren't they? Smiley Happy Smiley Happy  I hear you!!! 

You're getting several different promotions mixed up, some of which can't be combined and some of which don't apply to the person referring or activating   The details for each promotion are spelled out in the Announcements section of this forum. 

Since you activated at a Wal-mart, I guess that's part of the reason for the consfusion.  Sometimes the Wal-mart wireless reps (who are not Public Mobile employees) aren't always upfront about the promotions, or are simply unaware of all details; their goal is to have the customer acvtivate in-store so they receive the commission/sale.  

A) $25 referral credit for you and friend, plus $1/30 your friend stays with Public Mobile.  (this requires Online Activation and expired March 31st)

B) $10 referral cedit for your friend only, plus $1/30 your friend stays with Public Mobile.  (applies to activations in-store OR online; this is on-going)

C) Free SIM card, plus 2nd month plan fee credit (makes 2nd month free) for the person activating the line  (this requires in-store activation and was offered March 30th-31st)

@elkabong I hope this helps clarify the confusion.  Have a great week!  

@elkabong wrote:

I signed a friend up on Sunday March 30th.  On that day, there was supposed to be a $10 bonus, plus a free month of service, and a $1 referral.  This was done at my local walmart (yeah, I know).  There was also a $25 credit and/or a free month of service (it said they could not be combined). 

The guy put me in as a referral, but I have not seen any of the bonuses.  The thread from RedFlagDeals is here : https://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-mobile-public-mobile-30-days-free-service-second-30-days-free..., of course the Public Mobile page is long gone. 

Can someone call me about this?  I got NOTHING out of this whole thing.  No $10. No $25.  No Second month of service, and not even the  measly $1 referral fee  😞  

Unfortunately, everyone who has weighed in so far is correct. As the pre-existing customer, you are not eligible for the $10 as that is only for the new customer.  Also, as the activation was done in-store, you were both disqualified from the $25 credit.   You should have got the $1, so I couldn't tell you why that didn't happen.

As for the $10 credit not being a "great deal" compared to you both each receiving $25, your friend could have chosen to go that route. The conditions of the $25 referral credit promotion were available for all to see.  Instead, your friend activated in-store to get the free service, which could have actually ended up being better for you friend.

To get the $1/30 day credit, you'll have to get the moderators do that for you, and it looks like you've already contacted them.

When it comes to not receiving the text message confirmation about your friend using you as a referral,  those messages only come in at a certain time of the day.  If the friend activates late at night or in the morning, Public Mobile holds off sending those messages until 12pm (eastern time).  I realize that it's past that time now, so you should have received it by now, but I'm just trying to say that those referral notice messges aren't always instant.

elkabong

Good lord.  So they advertised it like it was a "great deal", but in fact, $10 credits in place of $50.  Buyer beware I guess.     Still hoping to get my $1 referral credit.  

elkabong

Ok, I submitted it to "the gods", and we will see what they say.     Thanks for your help guys.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@elkabong wrote:

There was a $25 for each user going on at that time too, or did the $10 credit invalidate the $50 credit?   Because that doesn't sound awesome

The $25 referral credit is only for online activation only.  But you activated in-store at Walmart.

elkabong

There was a $25 for each user going on at that time too, or did the $10 credit invalidate the $50 credit?   Because that doesn't sound awesome

elkabong

I did NOT get a message via SMS about being used as a referrer.  I wonder if the Walmart guy used his own number as a referrer?  

So in this deal, shouldn't I be getting either $25 or a free month?  I am posting here, because I just got billed for my month, and no credits are forthcoming  😞  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@elkabong wrote:

The $1 is denoted as a Reward. It should be in your Rewards area on your overview page.

You, as the existing customer get nothing else. The new customer gets the $10 credit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@elkabong  - Shortly after sign up, YOU should have received a text indicating that a friend used your number as a referrer.  Then your friends number would have shown up in your self serve as a referrer.  This would get you $1 /month.  As for the bonuses...  Since you signed up in store, your friend would be eligible for the $10 referral bonus.  As for the free month of service, that would be the second month.  Your friends first renewal should be free.

If any of this didn't happen, you need to contact the moderator team via private message and explain it all to them. They should be able to fix things and ensure that you get the ongoing $1 bonus.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 8AM-Midnight(EST) & Sat/Sun 8AM-10:00PM(EST)

Need Help? Let's chat.