cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did anyone experience the call connection issue today?

I've got few calls couldn't make through. And few calls the other parties couldn't hear me at all. I'm in Calgary. Anyone has the similar issue?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: Did anyone experience the call connection issue today?

@ibuddler wrote:

I've got few calls couldn't make through. And few calls the other parties couldn't hear me at all. I'm in Calgary. Anyone has the similar issue?

I haven't heard of any widespread problems on the network. This could be localized issue or maintenance being performed on the network in your area. The ususal troubleshooting tips of trying a different device or making the call in a different location apply, but I feeling that this could be something intermitent.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Hi @ibuddler 

First try restarting your phone.

If the problem persists, check the strength of your network connection.

Which phone are you using? Is there another phone device you could try with your SIM to see if the problem continues?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@ibuddler 

It sounds like you have a poor network connection. Put your phone in airplane mode. Wait 5 min. Turn airplane mode off. This will have completely disconnected  your phone from the network. It will then establish a new connection....which should clear up any issues youve been having with your quality of service.

Highlighted

I guess there’s an issue in your phone 

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ibuddler wrote:

I haven't heard of any widespread problems on the network. This could be localized issue or maintenance being performed on the network in your area. The ususal troubleshooting tips of trying a different device or making the call in a different location apply, but I feeling that this could be something intermitent.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I don't know how to reply with quote but I really hope so. It was good in the morning and just this afternoon and evening couldn't take any calls. 

If the problem persists, I'll have to port out. 

Btw, I don't think my phone has issue. I'm using S10+ bought from Telus.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@ibuddler 

Youre on the telus network....there are very few places that would give you poor service with telus . Have you tried my suggestion to use airplane mode? This fixes 95% of all user complaints when it comes to dropped or missed calls, poor reception, and being unable to send or recieve text messages.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ibuddler try resetting your network settings

1. Open Settings>General Management>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings>Tap Reset Settings
If prompted enter your pin, passcode
3. Tap Reset Settings 1 more time to confirm

This will delete your wifi passwords and you will need to re-enter them again

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ibuddler wrote:

I don't know how to reply with quote .....

If you are using a browser (e.g. Chrome or FireFox) in a desktop PC, in the "Reply to Message" screen, click on the 3-dots at the right-most part of the tool bar under the words "Body........PREVIEW".  An extra line of icons will show up above that tool bar. (See the screenshot below.)  Click on the close-quotation icon - " - and it will quote the post to which you're replying. You may also edit that quotation to show just the relevant part.

InkedComm- Quote Capture_LI.jpg

I don't use a MAC. I assume it will work the same way.

However, it does not seem to work if you are using a mobile device with a smaller screen like a mobile phone. The 3-dot icon does not show up in the smaller screens.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ibuddler 

It cant hurt to toggle Airplane mode or reboot your phone just to reestablish the network connection.