cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did PM change the long distance addon ?

I could've sworn the long distance addon was 400min/15$. Now it changed to 300min/15$. Are you serious PM ?

I was going to go and top-up an account I manage with long-distance minutes and see this. 

Screenshot 2021-03-31 091109.jpg

What a joke. PM is offering less for the same now. My family wouldn't like this because they call long-distance a lot. PM has turned down the wrong direction this year.

Accepted Solutions
Dunkman
Oracle

Re: Did PM change the long distance addon ?

@BearFBI 

Yes, they changed the pricing in early December when PM added different long distance country add ons.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/New-Long-Distance-Add-Ons/m-p/602884#M4...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Dunkman
Oracle

@BearFBI 

Yes, they changed the pricing in early December when PM added different long distance country add ons.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/New-Long-Distance-Add-Ons/m-p/602884#M4...

View solution in original post

BearFBI

@Dunkman Wow I didn't even notice that thread, Weird.

People are happy about it to. Seriously ?

Dunkman
Oracle

@BearFBI 

Not happy of course whenever prices increase.  But, PM did offer more countries which some customers did request.  US and Canada wide calling is not including in the $15 long distance add on, which means customers need to buy separate US calling add on also.  

BearFBI

@Dunkman wrote:

@BearFBI 

Not happy of course whenever prices increase.  But, PM did offer more countries which some customers did request.  US and Canada wide calling is not including in the $15 long distance add on, which means customers need to buy separate US calling add on also.  

Yes but my family who calls Europe is out of luck. Europe is only included in the international addon which now offers 100 minutes less. 

Dunkman
Oracle

@BearFBI wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@BearFBI 

Yes but my family who calls Europe is out of luck. Europe is only included in the international addon which now offers 100 minutes less. 

Personally, I also feel that it was a bad move to reduce the minutes.  If the change hurts PM's profits, PM would change things back, but it looks like the change has not affected the profitability of their add ons.  

BearFBI

@Dunkman wrote:

Personally, I also feel that it was a bad move to reduce the minutes.  If the change hurts PM's profits, PM would change things back, but it looks like the change has not affected the profitability of their add ons.  

All about the profits. Cellular industry sucks. No one cares about the consumer actually using the service, Especially Telus.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI : With your on-going campaign of slagging the place...maybe this place is just not for you.

The shareholders, the employees from the CEO on down and the board of directors have one interest and one interest only...profit. There is otherwise no reason for them to exist. They aren't in interested in the good of society or their customers. Just. Profit. This is the same for every sole-proprietor on up to multi-national corporations. This is not news.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

I think they actually offered “More” not less. More countries on the International plan now though less total minutes for the price. But as most want US calling add-ons its price per minute went from 4c to 1.5c. The biggest complaint since this change is that there are now more add-ons needed to be able to call multiple countries rather than it being a price increase.

AE_Collector

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AE_Collector wrote:

I honk they actually offered “More” not less. More countries on the International plan though less minutes. But as most want US calling add-ons its price per minute went from 4c to 1.5c. The biggest complaint since this change is that there are now more add-ons needed to be able to call multiple countries rather than it being a price increase.

AE_Collector

I call numerous different countries, and now I must buy a bunch of different addon packages instead of one. PM should simply offer one addon long distance package and just charge different rates for the different countries. Let me buy $20 worth of long distance and charge me the 2 cents per minute to call the USA or the 40 cents per minute to call the obscure Eastern European countries...whatever they need to do, just make it simpler.

Need Help? Let's chat.