cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead air after plan change

Shrav
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

My wife had her plan change over on Saturday to the $60.00 US plan. This morning (while in Ontario and calling her daughter in New Brunswick) only got dead air. I tried calling her and also only got dead air (Ontario to Ontario). My plan also changed this weekend but I am able to call out to other numbers.

Did something get broken during the plan change and what would be the fastest way to get her back up and running?

Thanks in advance.

Glenn

9 REPLIES 9

Shrav

Hi all,

We found a solution. Under settings-cellular-cellular data options I had to turn “enable 3G “ to On.

This only was necessary (I suppose) because we had just changed from an old LTE based plan. I was under the impression that the plans we all LTE but just throttled to 3G speed. I’m confused but at least the phone (voice) is now working again. 

Please consider this solved. 

Spoiler

Shrav

Hi,

Just as an update I tried adding $1. Still no joy and have not heard back from anyone as of yet (my wife will have questions though!).

I did notice that when I tried calling my wife again I get dead air but eventually I get her voice mail greeting and can leave a message (I think-won't know for sure until I get home tonight).

If anyone has any other suggestions on how to get her voice service working quickly I'm willing to try.

Thanks

Glenn

Shrav

Hi,

I tried reporting it as stolen and then reactivating it. No change. I have sent a message off to the moderators and hopefully they can investigate.

Thanks

Glenn

@Shrav wrote:

Hi,

Her account shows active. Texting works. Not in airplane mode. New plan showing. She has rebooted. I can try the report as stolen trick but since the texting is working do you think it would be worth it?

Thanks

Glenn

It will be worth trying.  The trick seems to solve different account issues.  If that does not work, even manually loading $1 to account seems to help sometimes.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

If not working, then you may need to contact moderator.  Click on question mark on lower right corner and start the ticketing process to moderator help.  

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Shrav if everything works except calls in and out you'll have to message the moderator_team and ask them to help!   Click herehttps://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Shrav

Hi,

Yes she restarted, it shows Public Mobile and her account status shows active.

Thanks

Glenn

Shrav

Hi,

Her account shows active. Texting works. Not in airplane mode. New plan showing. She has rebooted. I can try the report as stolen trick but since the texting is working do you think it would be worth it?

Thanks

Glenn

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Shrav  did she restart her phone?  Does it say public mobile on her phone or no service?  If she logs in her self serve account does it say active?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Shrav 

In your wife's self service account, is the account status active or suspended?  Which plan is showing?  Does her text or data work?  

Maybe try rebooting the phone.  Toggle airplane mode on, wait a few minutes and then off.  

You could also try the lost/stolen phone trick to reset her plan/sim card.  

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.