cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactiving an add on

ComputerKittie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I added a US plan but didnt realise it is immediately activated. Can I deactivate until I'm in the US? If so, how? Thank you 

8 REPLIES 8

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@lukevader wrote:

In all fairness, with any 10 day add on option they should be asking what date you wish to start the add on. 

It is a pre-paid service though and just like nay other add-on it starts immediately once purchased.  

I bought 2 AT&T prepaid sim cards a few months before we took a trip down to the states and you could set an activate time anytime before you went down. You went on the site and you could pick any start date minimum 2 days up to even more than 2 months away. It's not rocket science to add a start date of an add on to a system.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@lukevader wrote:

In all fairness, with any 10 day add on option they should be asking what date you wish to start the add on. 

It is a pre-paid service though and just like any other add-on it starts immediately once purchased.  

@ShawnC13 the important difference there is that any other add-on are not time-limited, but rather remain on your account until consumed.  So in fact, whether they start now or when you first need it, the outcome would be the same in the end.  This cannot be said for the 10-day US Roaming add-ons....

@lukevader I actually agree with you 100%, but that's just not how it works here, at least so far (after 3 years of US Roaming add-on availability and counting).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@lukevader wrote:

It is a pre-paid service though and just like nay other add-on it starts immediately once purchased.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ComputerKittie, you could try asking nicely to see if the moderators will extend some goodwill and return the funds into your account so you can purchase the add-on in the future.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

shanef91
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just did the same thing with a US data plan, I thought I could buy it now and activate it later once I get to the US. Please let me know if you find a solution.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I think contacting a moderator may be the only way to reverse this. I'm sure other members would know for sure.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ComputerKittie wrote:

I added a US plan but didnt realise it is immediately activated. Can I deactivate until I'm in the US? If so, how? Thank you 

@ComputerKittie unfortunately, no.  Your 10 days start ticking right away.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.