cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivation

zeesaj1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey ALL,

How long my number will stay without topping up my account? The reason why I'm asking this is because I'm going away for 2 months and won't need my line abroad.

Please advice

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anannya wrote:

I will be out of canada for 2 months.I have disabled autopay but my public mobile account has 30 $ and my plan is also 30$.So after my plan expires I dont want the 30$ to be spent for the plan as I wont be in the country.I want that 30 $ back in my debit card account or deactivate my public mobile account for 2 months.

The fact that you have enough in your account to cover your current plan, I suggest you use the lost/stolen feature to suspend your service a day or so before your renewal day. When you get back, resume service and click the Reactivate button and it should fire back up.

You can do this anywhere you can find an internet connection. (unless there's some wierd political reason to block access to a foreign provider 🙂 )

That way you also don't have to turn off autopay. The service just won't renew.

Hi @Anannya Do note in Public Mobile's Terms of Service: 

• Prepaid service credits are non-refundable. After ninety days with no active rate plan, your account will be

automatically deactivated.

I think the lowest possible plan is $10 / month. or use the Lost/Stolen card option to suspend your plan.

Anannya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will be out of canada for 2 months.I have disabled autopay but my public mobile account has 30 $ and my plan is also 30$.So after my plan expires I dont want the 30$ to be spent for the plan as I wont be in the country.I want that 30 $ back in my debit card account or deactivate my public mobile account for 2 months.

@themindfulgirlwrote:

Sorry, another fundamental question but I noticed that my account now has a line that lists deactivation date. Does this mean that my account will expire on March 24, 2018? 

Here is an example of what I see when I log into my account (the line in question is highlighted in red):

Amount due to top-up your previous plan $XX.XX

Plan Expiry Date: Dec 23, 2017

Account Deactivation Date: Mar 24, 2018

Current Balance: $XX.XX

"Deactivation" in this context means "suspended".  No service (except emergency calling) provided by the carrier.  The account remains suspended until available funds are paid up enough to cover the price of your Plan (base price, before Rewards/etc are applied), at which time the plan automatically renews.  You don't get billed for the suspended period, billing resumes from the new (re)activation date onwards.

The account remains suspended for 90 days.  After which it is "terminated" (permanently shut down), the linked SIM card is permanently deactivated, the linked phone number is lost.

I've personally resumed service (same account, SIM card, phone number) on plan which had been terminated slightly longer than 90 days.  But maybe it was a system glitch, maybe I got lucky, or maybe I'm just senile, whatever the case I don't recommend planning around exploiting this apparent loophole.

I'd also recommend always having the necessary funds on your account balance a couple days before payment is actually due (aside from situations like yours where you deliberately choose to suspend the account, lol).  It just lubricates the automagical billing machinery and keeps phone billing problems away.

themindfulgirl

Sorry, another fundamental question but I noticed that my account now has a line that lists deactivation date. Does this mean that my account will expire on March 24, 2018? 

Here is an example of what I see when I log into my account (the line in question is highlighted in red):

Amount due to top-up your previous plan $XX.XX

Plan Expiry Date: Dec 23, 2017

Account Deactivation Date: Mar 24, 2018

Current Balance: $XX.XX

Quick response @Saray_O, thanks!

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @themindfulgirl!

We can definitely take a look at this for you 🙂 Could you send us your phone number and 4-digit security PIN via private message?

Thank you!

Saray

Your best action would be to contact via a private message the @CS_Agent.

Your actual timeline is October 24th, as the 25th is the 90th day.  So act somewhat fast.

themindfulgirl

I am in the same boat. My plan expiry date is July 27, 2017... does this mean I need to make a payment by October 27, 2017? 

As well, I need to change my plan and I am unable to do so. How can I change my plan? @CS_Agent

zeesaj1

Cheers mate..!! Smiley Happy

@zeesaj1 wrote:

Thank you so much for your response. At the moment, I'm on 10 days plan which will expire on 26th Jan. How many days I'll have to reactivate the line back with the same number?

@zeesaj1 in the scenario above, your account will be deactivated on Sunday, April 24, 2016 (90 days from the 26th of January).

zeesaj1

Thank you so much for your response. At the moment, I'm on 10 days plan which will expire on 26th Jan. How many days I'll have to reactivate the line back with the same number?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@zeesaj1 Account is available for reactivation for 90 days after expiry; if you are on a 30 day plan this means 120 days since your last payment, and if 90 day plan 180 days. When your account enters "expired" status you have no service but can still recover the account. Be sure to disable Auto Pay, and/or suspend service under Lost/Stolen phone in your self serve account.

BEWARE: if you go past 90 days your account is closed, your phone number and any credits lost.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.