cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Rapatel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

For last two months, I am not getting unused data on my renewal. I lost all completely. Last month I lost all my unused data and this month I suppose to get adding up 900mpbs which did not happened. This issue happening for last two months.

Please, help.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

metropublic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Rapatel wrote:

Hi,

For last two months, I am not getting unused data on my renewal. I lost all completely. Last month I lost all my unused data and this month I suppose to get adding up 900mpbs which did not happened. This issue happening for last two months.

Please, help.

Thanks

@Rapatel  Need to clarify your post so that we can better help you. Do you mean that you data counter is not resetting after your plan renewal? If that is the case then you need to hit the chat bubble bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket to Public Mobile for help.

@Rapatel 

Have a good look at your usage. Unless you're a big talker then youre the perfect customer for the $15/250mb (w/autopay) plan.  With a few adjustments to your habits you will be able to adjust to the calling limitations and it already sounds like you have your data under control.

Make use of your current unlimited calling plan to tell your friends and family that you will have free incoming but limited outgoing calling. Ask that they call you back or after you text them. Get a calling app such as textnow (wifi calling only) or fongo that allows calling on mobile data. Use these on wifi to check your messages, make calls when you might be put on hold or for long conversations etc....

Buy yourself some insurance for your plan with the $5/500 min add on and the $15/1gb data add on. These both roll over every month until fully consumed. They are a one time upfront purchase. For example if you average 500mb of data use every 30 days the add on will add an averaged $3.75  to your $15 plan=$18.75 ($16.75 w/autopay). If you use the calling add on minutes about 125 min per 30 days that would add $1.25 to your plan = $18.75+$1.25=$20 ($18 w/autopay.)

This will save you $5 every 30 days over your current $25 plan. You will probably use much less maybe an extra 100mb of data ($1.50) and an extra 50 min ($0.50) per month. That would add an extra $2 per 30 days to the cost of your plan and equals the savings from your $2 autopay reward. A true $15 plan with autopay!

If you choose to change plans its best to schedule it to "change on next renewal" and it will automatically change at that time or you can cancel it right up until renewal ( give yourself an hour maybe if need be...) Change now is usually used to get more data from a bigger data plan right away.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Rapatel 

While we all wish unused data would rollover it doesn’t. Now your add-ons will rollover so that’s your best bet. Either way you’re saving a ton on your bill.

JasonRose
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm on the 15$/mth (13 if you have autopay) and it is great. WFH means no data really needed, esp. since I don't use spotify for walks etc. Unlimited incoming calls and 100min a month outgoing is all needed + if I need to make outgoing calls, particularly where I need to hold, I can make them through google hangouts for free (as long as you link your phone number).

I added 500 min last month due to an even, which came out to +5$ which is very cheap and manageable.

This is definitely amongst the cheapest plans in Canada.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

@Anonymous   

Here in Quebec Fizz Mobile has data rollover. You can even gift data.

https://fizz.ca/en/rollover

https://fizz.ca/en/gifting

@Jb456 

Ok. Big 3 family (+Freedom/Shaw) nation-wide. I looked at them all and wow...Public Mobile rocks for my needs if I imagine being a new customer.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Rapatel  If you're on the $25 plan with 1GB data and you have as much as 900 MB near the end of your billing cycle, you may want to consider going down to the $15 plan, depending on your outgoing calling habits and on-going monthly data requirements.   

With the $15 plan, if you routinely use little to no data (250 MB or under) and don't spend a lot of time making outgoing calls (you do get 100 min outgoing), you can add 500 Canada-wide minutes for $5 which DO carry over to the next cycle.   Also, if you think you'll need more data in certain periods, you can add data which also carry over.  

Again, this switch would really only make sense if you rarely exceed 250 MB monthly and don't use a whole lot of outgoing minutes.   

Food for thought...

@Anonymous   

Here in Quebec Fizz Mobile has data rollover. You can even gift data.

https://fizz.ca/en/rollover

https://fizz.ca/en/gifting

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rapatel 

I'd like to know how you came to think that plan data didn't reset. Did a retailer say this? Did some kind of marketing thing say?

I'm not sure what Canadian providers even offer banking of unused plan data. They should! But I don't know of any that do.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Rapatel 

As other mention, unused data from your plan does not rollover. Only the add-ons (for use in Canada) remain on your account until they are fully consumed.

The good news is since PM is prepaid, you cannot use more than your plan allows. So you won't ever be dinged with a surprise bill later on.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Plan Data does not rollover. A data add-on rollsover.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Rapatel wrote:

Hi,

Please, help.

Thanks

Unused data on the current plans do not roll over. Only data add ons roll over if not used.

Need Help? Let's chat.