cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

taliceson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why on earth can I NOT buy more than 1GB of data with my plans or even with the data add one!? I’m seriously ready to switch to chatr or even lucky mobile because of this! It is annoying to constantly run out of data 

12 REPLIES 12

@taliceson 

You can renew early for that you must contact mods.

It makes sense to do if you are short a week or so before your renewal.

I'm waiting for the old 12gig for $60 to switch a relative, hopefully it's here soon

Do you have another soon slot on your phone? If you are in freedom or Fido coverage area you may consider data only they offer 4gig for $15

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@taliceson  If you are a high usage data user then your better off going with Koodo or Telus. Public is competitive with the lower data plain offerings.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There are more plan options for different needs, must be one for you too.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@taliceson 

You must not be looking in the right place to see the available plans. True, 8.5 Gb is the top end, ... if you are a big user they want you to move up to Koodo or Telus.

AE_Collector8C4CBF60-F367-4C56-BE1A-1B6FE76C4B12.jpeg53F93EC3-9442-412D-847C-8EE6702D451B.jpeg

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@taliceson wrote:

Why on earth can I NOT buy more than 1GB of data with my plans or even with the data add one!? I’m seriously ready to switch to chatr or even lucky mobile because of this! It is annoying to constantly run out of data 

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.  You can switch to $40 4.5GB, $45 6.5GB or $50 8.5GB plan.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the bottom right corner. Moderator wait time is couple hours to 2 days. If your next renewal date is up to 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $15 1GB data or $5 200MB data. Expensive option

Please note there is no refund of the unused days if you change plan or renew early.

@taliceson wrote:

I know how to add it I’m just curious as to why public mobile doesn’t have plans like other providers like 45/8gb and so on? The most I can get is 1GB and I can use that on a few hours and it is annoying to have to constantly buy minutes to add only 1 gb 

Hi @taliceson it seems like you are very unhappy with Public Mobile plans and add-ons.  We are sorry to see you go, but we wish you well.  Cheers!

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have you tried this plan?50.png

@taliceson wrote:

I know how to add it I’m just curious as to why public mobile doesn’t have plans like other providers like 45/8gb and so on? The most I can get is 1GB and I can use that on a few hours and it is annoying to have to constantly buy minutes to add only 1 gb 

PM has a $50 for 8.5MB (with autopay). It sounds like you are looking for more though.

If so, maybe another provider would be better to suit your needs.

taliceson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

What plan are you on? The highest plan (besides Quebec) is $50 for 8 gigs. Or 8.5 gigs with auto-pay.

Data add-ons which you can buy as many as you want. Are $15 per gig.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @taliceson ,

It sounds like you need a plan with more data. Maybe change to a higher one for your next renewal.

Purchasing an Add-On:

Note that purchasing an add-on is a two step process.

You should be able to use it instantly.

1-First you need to add the $ to your account and

2-then add the add-on to your account.

Don't forget to restart your phone.

*You can make the purchase via self serve account or by calling 611 on your phone.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

@taliceson wrote:

You can buy as many 1GB data add-ons packages as you wish. However, to make the purchase the system, first requires you to add the money to your Public Mobile available funds.

Need Help? Let's chat.