cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Newfieassault
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I signed up, the deal was 5g for $25. So I signed up myself and 2 family members.

Then twice, they gave us 1G twice more.

Now, we only have 1 G each. I didn’t us all data as I use my phone mostly at home. Very disappointed. May move elsewhere.

9 REPLIES 9

@kselmak wrote:

@Jb456 

I remember those that have an add-on but I don't remember 5 gig for $25 promo plan.

I have seen 15 off for the first year on 30+ plans and 10 off for first year on 25- but those were offered only to selected group of former members and only if they would signup with the original email used (and if you lost the original email it didn't count they couldn't help anymore)

That would make 5 gig plan $25 but for one year and for only one account so I doubt that's what op is referring to.

Again just cause I don't remember doesn't mean it didn't happen, would be useful to know the period so we can dig through announcement section

That's because it didn't happen. A 5GB $25 plan would have been very popular. It would have been so memorable that everyone would remember it.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kselmak 

I couldn't resist that June one. It's my "data" line. Then I got the summer data. Consumed it. Then I got the Xmas data. Consumed it. Then I got the recent data. I think I still have 2-ish gigs left in that original 5gb.

@Jb456 

I remember those that have an add-on but I don't remember 5 gig for $25 promo plan.

I have seen 15 off for the first year on 30+ plans and 10 off for first year on 25- but those were offered only to selected group of former members and only if they would signup with the original email used (and if you lost the original email it didn't count they couldn't help anymore)

That would make 5 gig plan $25 but for one year and for only one account so I doubt that's what op is referring to.

Again just cause I don't remember doesn't mean it didn't happen, would be useful to know the period so we can dig through announcement section

@kselmak there seems to have been a few.

June 2019

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/06/01/public-mobile-5gb-data-bonus-add-on-sim-card-online/

November for black Friday 

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/11/25/public-mobile-offering-black-friday-5gb-bonus-data-activations/

Then there was the 5gig or 1000 minutes recently that BC and Alberta got via a text 

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-mobile-one-time-bonus-5gb-ymmv-2399260/

I'm sure there probably is others from like London Drug sales but I'm not searching. that hard unless OP tells us around when they joined lol.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Newfieassault 

When did you sing up

I don't remember such (which doesn't mean it didn't happen, if you give us approximate date maybe we could find out.

One more thing, if your account gets suspended you may lose some add-ons. If you suspect that's the case you can have them reinstated by contacting moderators.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

It would be useful to check your data usage on your phone or even in your selfserve (that one is a bit more work)

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Newfieassault 

Since there is no $25 plan with 5GB data, the extra 5GB data add-on is an activation bonus at the time of activation.  Unused add-on data will be rolled over to next cycle until all 5GB data was used.

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/. Moderator wait time is couple hours to 2 days. If your next renewal date is up to 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $15 1GB data or $5 200MB data. Expensive option

Please note that there is no refund of the unused days after plan change or renew plan early.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Newfieassault wrote:

When I signed up, the deal was 5g for $25. So I signed up myself and 2 family members.

Now, we only have 1 G each. I didn’t us all data as I use my phone mostly at home. Very disappointed. May move elsewhere.

As you have mentioned that you have received a couple of 1gb data gifts I am guessing that you have been with PM for a while now.  Was this the promo and timeframe that you signed up https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-Activate-any-25-mo-plan-and-...?  As stated this was a one-time data bonus and once consumed it would be all gone.  Now that it is over a year ago I am thinking that you probably have used up that 5gb bonus.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Newfieassault wrote:

@Newfieassault hi there has never been a 25 dollar 5gb plan here sorry 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

The $25 plan is 1 gig of data.

You likely had a one time sign up bonus of a 5 gig add-on.

If you don't see the one time 5 gig add-on anymore it means it has all been used.

You can upgrade your plan for more gigs per 30 days if you want.

You have two options.

1= Change now - (It will say top up now if you don't have funds to cover new plan).

Not advised to pick this one.You are charged right away for new plan and no refund on unused days from old plan. 

2= Change at next renewal. The choice you want to pick. Your new plan you pick will be scheduled to start at your next payment due date and you will be charged then for the plan

Need Help? Let's chat.